Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice - just taking child to school - taxi

Hi
    Had enquiry parent want me to pick up child from home take to school and do the same after school. Wondering if childminding car insurance covers this or is it really hackney insurance. A bit worried with this sort enquiry
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do it if I was walking but not if I had to use the car. I would hate to have a child I could not get to know and only go in and out of the car.

It is a grey area if they never come to you home. I would check with your car insurer before you commit to it.

Also you need to think about what would happen if your car broke down, if there was heavy snow or floods and you couldn't get out what would happen.

If you were ill or your children.

What impact will it have on the other children in your care, hoe long will they be in the car everyday as a result of this?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did it a few years ago for a disabled parent - it was just a matter of walking in a circle home and dropping the child on the way.

I wouldn't do it if I was driving though because the child would take up a space in the car preventing me from having more children for longer hours.

Hth

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default im doing it at the moment :)

mum has just had another baby and a very traumatic pregnancy and birth now has a twisted pelvis and can hardly walk, i was contacted by fis. I just get him in morning in car (10min drive) and he literally comes in my house for 5mins then walk him to school with other mindees. Im charging ten pounds a morning. Mum pays by vouchers. Her normal cm collects him from school and hubby gets from cm x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx