Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else just had one of those days?

So today I was having 3 boys. 2 of them I normally have on a monday but they came today instead. They are only with me 10-2 and the other boy is 12-2.30pm as I pick him up from Nursery. As its only 4 hours how can things just go sooo wrong?!!

Basically I had a poem all ready to print out about handprints for fathers day and then my picture ran out of ink!! My dad turned up and tried to help me and it took so long that the 2 boys turned up at 10am and the house was not ready for them!! Even though we changed the printer cartridges it still wasn't working so I decided to write out the poem myself and just get on and do the handprints.

My friend had let me have some paint that she used on her children for handprints, so I put the kids hands in red paint and that was fine until I tried to get the paint off!!! It was just not happening, so they have gone home red handed.

In the afternoon I had the 4 yr old and 2 yr old not getting on so well and the 1 yr old had a poo!! So I had the 1yr old screaming while I was changing his nappy, the 2 yr old screaming while he was on the naughty step and the 4 yr old not knowing what to do with himself, the doorbell then rang for pickup and I had to answer the door with half naked baby in my arms.

Thought I would have time for a cuppa, but now on the school run. Please tell me this isn't the norm?

melco

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes its normal, sounds like my day

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very normal for me.
    I spent the day saying "no baby H doesn't want to eat grass, no he doesn't want a car putting on his face, or a tractor, or a truck, no he doesn't want waking up to play in the mud, or mud putting on his feet, or his hands"
    "no M don't walk on the freshly planted sunflowers/potatoes/pumpkins, don't drive over them either, don't climb up the slide, climb up the steps"

I usually try to give positive instructions "drive on the grass, climb up the steps etc" but today just feels like all I've said is NO!!!

And the second I cleaned them up they all went and jumped back in the mud

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Time for a cuppa? TIME FOR A CUPPA??? We don't get luxuries like that!

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I would say thats about normal, when I have a day like that the next day always runs much more smoothly, so heres too tomorrow

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Time for a cuppa? TIME FOR A CUPPA??? We don't get luxuries like that!
    Bridey I liked that!! Lol x

I'm sorry you've had such a bad day hun (to be honest, if you've ready my post you'll see my day started pretty much crappy too!) but I've got to 'fess up and say I did just chuckle to myself over them going home red handed!! X

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a rubbish day like that yesterday but it did improve
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds normal to me!

Hope you've had your cups now!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baildon bears View Post
    Yes I would say thats about normal, when I have a day like that the next day always runs much more smoothly, so heres too tomorrow
    That's very true, mine was like that yesterday, and today gone much better.

Looking forward to tomorrow only have one lo
    Cath

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday went really well, so new today wouldn't be so good and I forgot to say I was potty training the 2 yr old as well!!!

I can laugh about it now and after I picked my girls up from school I did get to have my cuppa and I also only have 1 tomorrow who will be at nursery for 3 hours!! Woo Hoo!!

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

bless you yes sounds like my house at times,organised chaos. As for the paint - i got mine from tesco and had the same problem I do getmy cuppa but its usually its the same one that has been shoved in the microwave about 4 times enjoy your free time this morning xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one of THOSE days yesterday too - chaos reigned and kids played up - oh and it was all during my Ofsted inspection Fortunately she said she could see through it and after she went kids were good as gold and sat and played nicely. (TYPICAL!) Gave me time to catch my breath though!