Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default REGARDING NOBLE MINDER - Please read

I am hopeful that within the next 24 hours someone from Noble Minder will be making a statement about what has happened.
    Last edited by Pauline; 31-05-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: updating info
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Update:

Mr Anchovy is offering to help anyone who is concerned about their payments http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=102731

Also, the Noble Minder website is still open for those members to access their information.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly no statement has been given.

Mr Anchovy is still offering help if anyone needs it.
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pauline,shame no-one from Nobleminder has given an explanation.

Good of Mr Anchovy to offer his help

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeky devils took my May payment when they had already gone bust.I cancelled my account thinking I still had until June 15th to access it as this date is when next payment is due and lo and behold can't access it now unless I join again.A flipping nightmare.GGGRRR
    Alyson x

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    Cheeky devils took my May payment when they had already gone bust.I cancelled my account thinking I still had until June 15th to access it as this date is when next payment is due and lo and behold can't access it now unless I join again.A flipping nightmare.GGGRRR
    They took my may payment when they'd already gone bust too, but mine was for six months and the bank won't do anything to get it back. I suggest anybody who has an account with them contacts their bank ASAP to stop payments.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Thanks Pauline,shame no-one from Nobleminder has given an explanation.

Miffy xx
    Yes I feel very let down.
    Pauline x

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had an email from them saying my free trial has run out, am I guessing I shouldn't pay them yet? Glad I saw this post!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cas2805 View Post
    Just had an email from them saying my free trial has run out, am I guessing I shouldn't pay them yet? Glad I saw this post!
    I don't think yet is an option the company doesn't exist anymore, they are listed as Dissolved at Companies house as of the 24 April 2012.

I would definitely not give them any money and make sure you tell your bank this so they don't try to take anything out of your account.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is so sad and I feel for the Company.

But it is unforgivable that the Receivers are allowing them to still be taking money out of peoples bank accounts after the Company has been wound up and can clearly no longer offer a service.

Maybe this demise is an indication that online is not the way to go with all a child's and childminders records.

I am very old fashioned and non tech in this respect. It does concern me the responsibility of holding records about my children on the computer never minder online with a third party which is why I don't. The most I have on my computer are all my photos which are not identified by name and letter templates. Any letters created are printed and deleted. All my LJs, developmental records, attendance etc are all on paper. I do not email personal information to parents either.

mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

omg i have just seen this, i used Noble minder a lot until my ofsted inspection last month when my inspector said she thought the way i was doing observations etc before i used them was actually better so i havent even bothered logging back in a kept forgetting to cancel the payments! i have just looked in my bank account and they also took my payment in may but the direct debit doesnt show in my list so i cant cancel it!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
    omg i have just seen this, i used Noble minder a lot until my ofsted inspection last month when my inspector said she thought the way i was doing observations etc before i used them was actually better so i havent even bothered logging back in a kept forgetting to cancel the payments! i have just looked in my bank account and they also took my payment in may but the direct debit doesnt show in my list so i cant cancel it!
    I would phone your bank immediately lulubelle and explain the situation.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I phoned my bank yesterday and they cancelled my on going card payments.So I am a bit happier.
    Alyson x

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

All expired accounts have been re-activated, and no account will expire again.
    The site will remain up until the hosting company pull the plug, no date given and they probably don't even know anything has happened yet, so i'd expect it to be a while, but might not be.

No warning was given as NobleMinder only found out after it happened. I don't have any info on what/why exactly happened.

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    I phoned my bank yesterday and they cancelled my on going card payments.So I am a bit happier.
    Thats interesting, my bank's dispute centre told me they couldn't prevent them from taking out money again but could (possibly!) get it back next time because they've written to them to ask them to stop taking payments out now...

The only way i can be totally sure to stop them is to close my account. I'm horrified.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Thats interesting, my bank's dispute centre told me they couldn't prevent them from taking out money again but could (possibly!) get it back next time because they've written to them to ask them to stop taking payments out now...

The only way i can be totally sure to stop them is to close my account. I'm horrified.
    Gosh if my bank said something like that to me I would close my account at once. Surely you are entitled to tell your bank to stop a direct debit or standing order? I thought the only payments that could not be stopped were ones for something called a 'Continuous payment agreement' but these are only usually used by dodgy companies I thought not one like Noble Minder was went they started up.

Sounds as if you need to speak to Mr Anchovy quickly. Good Luck

onceinabluemoon Guest

Apparently is it a continuous payment agreement...

And Mr Anchovy is not dealing with money but data

but thanks for the thought

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Apparently is it a continuous payment agreement...

And Mr Anchovy is not dealing with money but data

but thanks for the thought

Oh dear then I would close that account straight away.

I think someone needs to find out who the Receivers are, a call to Companies hose may find that out.

It is despicable that the company is still taking people's money fraudulently.

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I think someone needs to find out who the Receivers are, a call to Companies hose may find that out.
    There are no receivers, the Company has already been wound up. Any assets of the company now belong to the Crown.
    Last edited by MrAnchovy; 01-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnchovy View Post
    There are no receivers, the Company has already been wound up.
    Oh goodness. So no hope of people getting their money back and it makes the fact they are still taking peoples money even worse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast