How do you ask for feedback?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you ask for feedback?

Do you give parents a questionaire? Or just ask verbally and informally if they think things are going ok and if they have any problems?

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Both really, i try to send out a questionnaire every 6 months, sometimes ask if everything is ok and are they happy etc in general chit chat or sometimes just jot a few lines in the lo's diary.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I also tend to do both, I send home a questionnaire every three months, also chats and I ask for a reference about 6 months after the start date.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do anything formal unless ofsted are comming, ususaly if I get a fibe that somthings not right then I will ask but other than that if parents dont complain then I assume everything is to their liking. when ofsted are due I ask for references that I can give to ofsted and that I can add to my portfolio

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used to do questionnaires but after not getting anything useful back I tend to talk to parents every so often and write their replies in my diary.

Mostly they tell me if there is a problem... I encourage them to chat to me and we tackle things early.

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

BOTH

Lots of informal chats about things as they happen.
    I have fabby parents just now im so lucky. and tbh even though they are all lovely they still would def be the type to speak up if there was a problem with any part of the childcare believe me - but then i prefer that.

I have given out questionnaires designed to be filled in by parent AND child and it brings a tear to my eye to read what lovely things they have all said about me.
    I do a questionnaire a few months into the contract and then one further down the line. I also have one in progress for when someone leaves but thats not happened yet
    I am also going to ask people who originally contacted me through childcare.co.uk to pop back on to leave a review - good of course as this is where most of my enquiries have came from
    XX Jill XX

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a formal questionnaire every year when I review for my quality of care report. I have daily chats with the parents and I often ask them if they are happy with the service or are there any concerns.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

they still would def be the type to speak up if there was a problem with any part of the childcare believe me - but then i prefer that.
    I would love to be sure of this! I spend most of my time wondering if they are secretly thinking I'm rubbish but they don't like to say. I can be a bit defensive.

I think I'll have a system of writing feedback in diary and asking for references. I used someone elses questionaire for Ofsted years ago and got nice replies, but the parents seemed a bit bemused by it. Everyone hates filling in feedback forms don't they!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd be mortified if something came up in a survey that I wasn't already aware of and try to keep myself informed through informal chats. However, despite swearing I'd do my survey's annually I've just realised in Jan I was waaaay overdue. I've done in between ones for leavers but now have updated my surveys and have resolved to do them annually.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also do questionnaires for parents every year and I used to do them for the children when I had children who where old enough to fill them in. I used to get some fantastic comments back to my healthy eating question "Is there any type of foods which you would like to see on the menu?" I got chocolate gateau, steak and chippy

I also have a parent feedback form in each childs file. I ask that they sign the form every time the file goes home (every 6 weeks) and also comment, that usually brings back positive feedback

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kidsunder5 View Post
    I also do questionnaires for parents every year and I used to do them for the children when I had children who where old enough to fill them in. I used to get some fantastic comments back to my healthy eating question "Is there any type of foods which you would like to see on the menu?" I got chocolate gateau, steak and chippy

I also have a parent feedback form in each childs file. I ask that they sign the form every time the file goes home (every 6 weeks) and also comment, that usually brings back positive feedback
    oh yes I have recently done a feedback/input form for parents to send home in the LJ too. And I have a leaver questionnaire for the children.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got