Which section of the SEF?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which section of the SEF?

Would you put that you keep up to date with childminding news and issues online/on this forum/online magazines/email newsletters etc?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    This might help SEF Prompt List
    Thanks sarah, I already have this and it's great :-) I struggled to know which section though you were recommending putting your first page of stuff into?

Post Thanks / Like

And also when I buy new resources which section would I put this in?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Would you put that you keep up to date with childminding news and issues online/on this forum/online magazines/email newsletters etc?
    Yes- it's part of my continual professional development - Sarah 707 has put a link - it's brilliant - I based my SeF on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Yes- it's part of my continual professional development - Sarah 707 has put a link - it's brilliant - I based my SeF on this.
    Argh sorry my post should say: where do you put. Not would you put!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh sorry my post should say: where do you put. Not would you put!
    Honestly don't worry too much - as long as you put it in somewhere they will find it and tick it off on their little list (or whatever they use) as they go along. They probably don't know exactly where everything should go either - a lot of these headings are open to interpretation.

9. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Simona Guest

CPD and such like goes under Leadership and Management
    Oftsed have announced recently that the SEF will be updated to reflect the changes coming in Sept 2015.
    Same as before ...Ofsted will transfer the info you have on your SEF to the new format ...panic not!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    CPD and such like goes under Leadership and Management Oftsed have announced recently that the SEF will be updated to reflect the changes coming in Sept 2015. Same as before ...Ofsted will transfer the info you have on your SEF to the new format ...panic not!!
    Thanks simona that's really helpful, I'm struggling with which section each thing goes in (even with all the guides!). Maybe I ought not to bother until september a format is announced....Dyou think it'll be much different?

Simona Guest

Thanks simona that's really helpful, I'm struggling with which section each thing goes in (even with all the guides!). Maybe I ought not to bother until september a format is announced....Dyou think it'll be much different?
    My understanding is that the headings will reflect the new inspection framework
    Fill in your SEF slowly because it takes time, then when it is updated we can look at the format again....we will all be confused!

Leadership and management...Ofsted very hot on this in new CIF...we are now leaders not providers eh!!!...is how you manage your setting and how you keep updated on all the 'constant' changes...how you share info, which training you attend.
    Reading docs and publications is part of your CPD...in fact it should be CPPD, Continous Professional Personal Development.
    Do a simple CPPD log ...what you did, when and how it has made you reflect on your leadership!!

Guess what...this is another question for London OBC on Wednesday...see what I can find out.