Inspection in 10 days and cant find my Ofsted Security token!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection in 10 days and cant find my Ofsted Security token!!!!

Decided I had better start my SEF ( so worried as been reading it has taking a few of you a while to complete LOL) but stuck on the first hurdle.

I cant find my Ofsted Security token, it says it was sent to me in a letter, but I cant find it!!!!!

Can I phone up Ofsted and get another one do you think?

To be honest actually quite bored off all the paper work I have been doing already, really not looking forward to the SEF!

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I had done my SEF in a word document and saved it on my laptop but not put it online when I got the call, I told the inspector this and she said that it was unlikely that she would get a copy sent through at that point so asked me to print a copy off for her to read on the inspection day. She read it as part of the inspection. It is worth doing, she read it all, and didnt ask me too many questions at all. Good Luck x

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annsplace View Post
    Hi,
    I had done my SEF in a word document and saved it on my laptop but not put it online when I got the call, I told the inspector this and she said that it was unlikely that she would get a copy sent through at that point so asked me to print a copy off for her to read on the inspection day. She read it as part of the inspection. It is worth doing, she read it all, and didnt ask me too many questions at all. Good Luck x
    Same for me...although mine was on a copy of the actual form. She must have been a quick reader as I had written loads for some sections. Comments were also made about the content and with that I only had one recommendation to make more use of my outdoor space. She said my SEF was so detailed and that I knew what I had to do, so she didn't need to say it again in her report.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I typed mine out & emailed it straight to the inspector

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So what sort of things are asked on a SEF ( never done one before LOL), I think I would rather do it on word and print it out for her to have on inspection day but need some pointers ( if you dont mind) on what I should be answering LOL

Thanks

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Get Sarah's ebook on the completing the SEF.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the form downloaded to my computer and worked on the SEF form they provide. It's quite straightforward - although read all the questions and plan out rough answers as they do seem a bit repetetive.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annsplace View Post
    I got the form downloaded to my computer and worked on the SEF form they provide. It's quite straightforward - although read all the questions and plan out rough answers as they do seem a bit repetetive.
    LOL I was just about to say it all seems like double dutch to me, I have also downloaded it and it doesnt seem straight forward to me, HELP lol

How long did it take everyone to complete, did you all do lots of writing on each section.

I have downloaded Sarahs SEF guide and this helps a bit, but somehow I think I will be still trying to complete this when mrs O comes