Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you grade yourself?

I've just spent a good few hours updating my SEF as I will be due my second inspection during 2012. I'm in a real quandry though on how to grade myself. Last time I went for Outstanding and got it so obviously I'm going for it again but now feel very unsure what grades to put down for myself.

Last time I put outstanding for a couple of things that i thought were real strengths and the rest goods.

This time what should I do? The same? All outstandings? (as that what i should be having got it last time)

Do you think it will really matter? I dont want to put goods and have the inspector just go with it?
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just say if you do not put Outstanding on any section be sure you know why and can explain- I was continually asked why I had not put 'Outstanding'! I'd say go for the positive side if in doubt, don't be shy or modest- it is your chance to blow your own trumpet!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet. No one else is going to be there to do it for you, so make sure you do it yourself.

As long as you can explain why you think you are outstanding, then put it. Show how you have carried on doing what you were doing when you got outstanding, but have also gone on to improve it and make it even better.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I'd just say if you do not put Outstanding on any section be sure you know why and can explain- I was continually asked why I had not put 'Outstanding'! I'd say go for the positive side if in doubt, don't be shy or modest- it is your chance to blow your own trumpet!
    were you asked that because you were already outstanding or because we should all believe that we are doing the absolutely best we can be?

I'm new and haven't been graded yet and I'm pretty sure I am not outstanding in every area no matter how much i'm working hard for it - iyswim!

Post Thanks / Like

I would put outstanding and make sure your sef (or other evidence) shows how you have gone on to improve since your last inspection.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I graded myself as good last time for my first inspection and I was told by my inspector that had I had confidence in myself and graded myself as outstanding then she may have awarded it to me but was giving me a good.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default GO GO GO FOR IT.....

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I've just spent a good few hours updating my SEF as I will be due my second inspection during 2012. I'm in a real quandry though on how to grade myself. Last time I went for Outstanding and got it so obviously I'm going for it again but now feel very unsure what grades to put down for myself.

Last time I put outstanding for a couple of things that i thought were real strengths and the rest goods.

This time what should I do? The same? All outstandings? (as that what i should be having got it last time)

Do you think it will really matter? I dont want to put goods and have the inspector just go with it?
    Butterfly, Just go for It. If you believe that you deserve outstanding why not? Jayr xx