Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Uploading SEF

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Uploading SEF

Just trying to upload a completed version of the OFSTED SEF to the OFSTED site and it doesn't seem to allow cut and paste, or the direct upload of my completed document.

It seems unlikely that OFSTED would have the facility to download a blank form without providing the facility to upload the completed document, so please could someone point me in the direction of the link that allows the upload please - or even a way to cut and paste what I have done on my computer - cos there is no way on this earth am I wasting any more time retyping the useless volumes of rubbish I have written just for the ofsted people.

Oh, and neither am I printing of the vast number of pages so she can read it when she gets here. The whole cut and paste think is annoying me. Especially since it's not a particularly usable way to assess my practice - for me anyway - so I've only wasted my time to simply keep them happy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Copy using control and c on your keyboard (not the mouse)

Paste into the Ofsted SEF using control and v (again not the mouse)

Hth

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sarah - will try that tomorrow. Have lost will to live today lol.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sarah

Thank you Sarah. I have now submitted my SEF for the first time (been sitting on my computer for the past 2 years).

It is by far the most unwieldy, useless, badly conceived document I have ever filled in. I don't know what the compiler was thinking as he designed it, cos it is of very little use when it comes to self evaluation, it's just a tool to sell your service to OFSTED not to evaluate the service you provide grrrrr.

But thank you, the keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste did the trick, didn't even occur to me to try that.

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i have did mine but in writing do i have to send it off or keep it for ofsted , i havent been graded yet still waiting for my 1st inspection although i have 2 full time children...it took a while to do but got there in the end,...its probably all mumble jumble but its done

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think you would have to post it to ofsted .. it gives ofsted an idea about your setting prior to there visit. I would photo copy the document prior to posting, I would also contact ofsted and ask who do i post it to and send recorded delivery.
    CWR

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

aww okay , i have address to send it too just didnt know whether to but like you say if i can photocopy it , cos it took me ages lol thanks

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is by far the most unwieldy, useless, badly conceived document I have ever filled in. I don't know what the compiler was thinking as he designed it, cos it is of very little use when it comes to self evaluation, it's just a tool to sell your service to OFSTED not to evaluate the service you provide grrrrr. -

HA HA, so true!! It did help me in terms of letting Ofsted know what I do before they came and I did put down my areas for improvement but wouldn't say the document was any help in doing it.