Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Brain hurts!!!

had an unexpected day off today so am tackling my SEF - was hoping to get it all done but i might not make it

Have got to the bit "ambition and improvement" which i assume is a newish bit as i cannot see it on what i printed out a couple of months back - its really driving me nuts - the guidence notes are all about "your vision" and how you communicate to staff as well as parents. Getting very confuddled trying to translate what that means for me

Maybe i have no vision???

Oh and to make me feel better have just read a copy of my friends who got an outstanding in the summer - thought mine looked quite good untill i read that.....

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Brain hurts!!!

Maybe you could say that you will attend courses regularly and maybe try and pass an exam? Or improve your facilities.....could be anything that you would want to do to improve your setting.
    I've got all my stuff ready to do the SEF and I keep putting it off I need a kick up the backside and that will be when Ofsted ring about my grading inspection
    Just take it steadily and you might find that you repeat yourself all the time, I would just put 'Please refer to question A1' so you don't have to write it ALL out again.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They really could have worded that question better couldn't they?!?

It's all about how you see your future... what plans you have... where you want to be...

I'm sure you can make up a vision if you don't have one to hand... I've heard wine helps

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god have spent all day on this SEF bar 2 hours off for dinner and some time with the family - so much for a day off!!!

And that whole blooming section on "leadership and management" reminded me of being back at my old job in local government - full of stoopid buzzwords that dont mean anything much but sound good (well not to me but to suits!) the explanatory notes on one bit made no referance to childminders and referred to staff so much i began to worry if i was completing the wrong form

Long term plans, targets, evaluating progress to targets?! Well thats all ok till parents decide to leave and then another goes on maternity and suddenly you dont have the same children or your income is halved

ARRRRRGH!!

Phew, right got that off me chest before beddy byes at least its now sort of finished. I just have to go through for typos and i suspect flowery up that specific section being as thats the last bit i did and I was swearing at the computer by the end!!:

BTW My long term vision is winning oodles of cash so i can be debt free, live where i want and make my family happy because we wont have to worry about money - oh and some facial reconstruction so hubby is a bit more george clooney like wouldnt go amiss
    Last edited by sarah707; 05-11-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dobby View Post
    BTW My long term vision is winning oodles of cash so i can be debt free, live where i want and make my family happy because we wont have to worry about money - oh and some facial reconstruction so hubby is a bit more george clooney like wouldnt go amiss
    to the last sentance!!!! Bless.

Actually I think you should put just that in your SEF

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Noo pipsqueak because then they would want me to answer how i planned to acheive that, and what procedures were in place to ensure my "vision" was "embedded" (i kid you not ,that word is in the new SEF) into my everyday practice, and then what targets i had set to acheiev and my plan for acheiveing this and arrrghh

see you've set me off again