Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NEW Self evaluation form!

I can't say i 'LIKED' the Ofsted SEF, but i'd used it ever since it had been there to do, and was used to it.

When they removed it, I literally copy and pasted it, and continued to update it as normal.

Last June I decided the time had come to create my own ... I did lots of reading and research and came up with the basic plan and idea .... I even wrote the first section 'all about me' ... and then, it has sat at the top of my 'to do' list ever since! Well, i don't know what came over me ... but at the weekend I had a look at it, and a play, and now, I've almost finished it !!!

Just a couple of things waiting for this week to be over ( so i can scan in and add the weeks plan and diary sheet ), and i need to find a few photos and that's it! i'm really pleased with myself! even if i do say it myself!

it's about 11 pages currently, but i hope, that should an inspector read it, they will barely need to come and see me!

my plan then, is to continue like i used to, and then just add the date & whatever i am adding/changing to the relevant section and its done!

just had to share as no one in my 'real life' gets it at all!

2. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, BallyH liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I also did my own but when I had my inspection last week I forgot to get it out for the inspector and she didn't ask so it's still in the drawer!

4. Likes BallyH, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How gutting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    I also did my own but when I had my inspection last week I forgot to get it out for the inspector and she didn't ask so it's still in the drawer!
    Hi Chris, how was your inspection. What are they looking for these days, any 'hot topics'?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I can't say i 'LIKED' the Ofsted SEF, but i'd used it ever since it had been there to do, and was used to it.

When they removed it, I literally copy and pasted it, and continued to update it as normal.

Last June I decided the time had come to create my own ... I did lots of reading and research and came up with the basic plan and idea .... I even wrote the first section 'all about me' ... and then, it has sat at the top of my 'to do' list ever since! Well, i don't know what came over me ... but at the weekend I had a look at it, and a play, and now, I've almost finished it !!!

Just a couple of things waiting for this week to be over ( so i can scan in and add the weeks plan and diary sheet ), and i need to find a few photos and that's it! i'm really pleased with myself! even if i do say it myself!

it's about 11 pages currently, but i hope, that should an inspector read it, they will barely need to come and see me!

my plan then, is to continue like i used to, and then just add the date & whatever i am adding/changing to the relevant section and its done!

just had to share as no one in my 'real life' gets it at all!

Argh, i don't currently have anything, i don't even know where to start! Well done you!

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Hi Chris, how was your inspection. What are they looking for these days, any 'hot topics'?!
    It wasn't bad and I kept my good grade. Really hot on safeguarding which does include the fire drill practises. I had to observe with the inspector an activity that my assistant (daughter) did with the children so she had four 2 year olds up at the table making Christmas cards for their parents and our 1 year old doing her own thing and happily playing. The inspector said she was disappointed that the 1 year old wasn't included in the activity! Am I wrong in thinking she is a bit young to do that and if she was included my assistant would have spent all her time helping her and not being able to give enough time to the other 4.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    It wasn't bad and I kept my good grade. Really hot on safeguarding which does include the fire drill practises. I had to observe with the inspector an activity that my assistant (daughter) did with the children so she had four 2 year olds up at the table making Christmas cards for their parents and our 1 year old doing her own thing and happily playing. The inspector said she was disappointed that the 1 year old wasn't included in the activity! Am I wrong in thinking she is a bit young to do that and if she was included my assistant would have spent all her time helping her and not being able to give enough time to the other 4.
    I think what they like to see in that situation is the little one in a chair at the table too and playing with what safe from the same activity- so maybe pictures from old christmas cards, crayons, maybe christmassy red and white paint in a zip-lock bag taped on the table (so not messy for you to deal with), box of pompoms and ribbons etc etc. Of course in real life it is not always practical but it is one of 'those things' Ofsted like. Another example is if you are baking, have the little one there too with wooden spoons, cookie cutters and pots etc to play with, so they are learning about the activity too.

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is probably what Ofsted would want to see but hey ho in real life things are different.one year olds tend to start off with things up the table with the others but in seconds have thrown the ‘ things’ on the floor! But your assistant could keep picking them up every few seconds whilst helping others,got lots of pairs of hands
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-01-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In real life Dragonfly, you probably would have been joining in and making it possible for the 1 year old to be included - but she had taken that opportunity away from you by getting you to do an observation with her. How frustrating for you.

14. Likes SYLVIA, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, all would of been around the table not watching the activity.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds good to me!

I have written this blog which I have been told is useful for many colleagues

Self-evaluation - how are you getting on?

17. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post