Which section?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Which section?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which section?

Which is the best section to talk about how we deal with and talk about/explore feelings/emotions etc with the children?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ofsted SEF overlap so many sections it doesn't really matter- you can just put a note to refer to another section rather than repeating yourself. It depends what aspect of the subject you are writing about- how it develops children, how you used this as a self-development subject for yourself, how you involved parents... could come under many sections. Don't worry too much about sections- just get the content in there somewhere!

3. Likes bunyip, mumofone liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure whether it's just Ofsted, the DoE, or the whole educational establishment, but there seems to be an obsession with the idea of deconstructing everything to the point of destruction. That goes for headings for measuring a childcare settings - and how Ofsted love to measure! - or whether a child is made up of 5, 7 or doG knows how many "aspects" they'll dream up for the next incarnation of EYFS.

The idea that a child or an educational setting could be seen in a holistic or comprehensive (go wash your mouth out) sense is complete anathema to these authorities, who seem to believe they can weigh things up like some kind of 'balance sheet of learning'.

"And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

5. Likes moggy, mumofone, sing-low liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you seen my SEF guidance? It talks about where to put different areas of learning Guidance for the new SEF 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Have you seen my SEF guidance? It talks about where to put different areas of learning Guidance for the new SEF 2015
    yes thanks sarah, i do :-) You need to write another one though for extra pinickity users like me (Oh, its JUST me?!! )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses guys, i take your point bunyip! :-) So true, think I'll relax and ease up on al my over thinking once ive finally been inspected!

Post Thanks / Like

Once im happy with my SEF do I press "submit"...if i do this, am i then free to still add further information in?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Once im happy with my SEF do I press "submit"...if i do this, am i then free to still add further information in?
    Yes, sumbit so then then see it. Then you can start working on your next update! I tend to update and submit every 6-months (if i remember!).