Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ofsted SEF updated 09.2015

I have just found my Ofsted SEF has updated to the new version.
    https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineO...yGuidance.aspx.

As expected, the first 2 questions in part A remain the same –
    • SECTION 1 - Your setting
    • SECTION 2: views of those who use your setting and who work with you

PART B: The quality and standards of the early years provision.

In part B there is then some guidance on how to grade yourself before the newly worded questions appear in the list -

• SECTION 3: effectiveness of leadership and management
    • SECTION 4: quality of teaching, learning and assessment
    • SECTION 5: personal development, behaviour and welfare
    • SECTION 6: outcomes for children
    • SECTION 7: overall effectiveness

The questions follow the layout of the new early years inspection handbook - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...september-2015.

If you go online for a nosey the system will not let you save until you have put something into section 6 - I suggest a few words saying you are reflecting on the question and will come back to it in the future

2. Likes marie55, lollipop kid, shortstuff liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

That's a nice little job for the start of term! :0)

Post Thanks / Like

Guys if we enter info into the portal for the SEF can it be edited/deleted or once in there does it have to stay? Thanks...

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Guys if we enter info into the portal for the SEF can it be edited/deleted or once in there does it have to stay? Thanks...
    Of course it can...you enter any details then save
    The aim of the SEF is that it can be 'edited'.

You need to give it a try...good luck

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thanks!

That's a nice little job for the start of term! :0)
    Definetely agree there... but we knew we were waiting for Ofsted to update the SEF in line with CIF...posted in this forum very recently.

As promised they have delivered an updated version 'at the start of September'.

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just written a few lines in section 6 but it still won't let me submit. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Cherry x

Simona Guest

Mmmm....I tweeted to Ofsted this morning if they could confirm they have updated the SEF so we could share
    The reply is that they are 'looking into this' and will come back...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a new guidance document from them about how to fill it in does anyone know??

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Is there a new guidance document from them about how to fill it in does anyone know??
    The only guidance available is the October 2013 one
    That is why we are waiting for it to be updated to Sept 2015....that was my query to Ofsted
    You can still access the 2013 version then Ofsted will readjust it to cover the CIF

If you google Ofsted SEF it will take you to the document

Simona Guest

Mumofone...I am a bit confused as to which guidance you were referring to in your previous comment so I thought I'd come back to clarify

This is the link to the October 2013 Ofsted guidance No 120332
    I doubt this will be much different when it is updated but it needs a new date on it in any case...that is what I was asking Ofsted to let us know about.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ber_202013.pdf

If you are looking for the guidance or 'prompt' on how to fill your SEF then you have to log in with your ID number
    Once you open the SEF you can also click and open the link where you are supported in giving accurate replies to your SEF sections.

I hope that is clear now.
    I am not sure if you have already used your ID to access your SEF....my suggestion would be to do so to familiarise yourself with the format

Good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The lovely Pauline has updated free downloads at the top of the forum to include my latest guidance to the new SEF

Guidance for the new SEF 2015

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah and thank you Pauline.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. I'm being inspected next week and having got everything else sorted have just sat down to update my SEF. As its only just changed to the new updated one, what is the best way for me to get around the fact that I'm probably not going to manage to fill in all the new bits on top of everything else I'm getting ready? My inspector says she likes to read the SEF before she comes and can she have it by tonight
    I'm not working today but have a commitment that I can't get out of this afternoon.

Mild panic has just turned to needing a nervous-poo.

Simona Guest

Thanks for that information

I have just looked again and the Ofsted publication for SEF 'remains' that of October 2013...we really need an updated version for Sept 2015

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to actually 'access' the updated SEF Online and that it does reflect the changes to CIF before I send another Tweet to Ofsted as they have not replied as yet...which is really unsual as they do respond quickly

Thank you for you help on this.

16. Likes fluff1975 liked this post
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Thanks for that information

I have just looked again and the Ofsted publication for SEF 'remains' that of October 2013...we really need an updated version for Sept 2015

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to actually 'access' the updated SEF Online and that it does reflect the changes to CIF before I send another Tweet to Ofsted as they have not replied as yet...which is really unsual as they do respond quickly

Thank you for you help on this.
    I've accessed mine and yes, the updates are there, hence my panic

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fluff1975 View Post
    I've accessed mine and yes, the updates are there, hence my panic
    Thank you for your reply...that is useful

So the SEF online is updated but not the guidance...got it now!

My suggestion would be to have your current SEF with you...jot down a few amendments/reflections and then discuss the new one on inspection.
    I am sure that inspector will take into consideration the fact that the SEF reflects CIF which in itself is only 11 days old.

Good luck

19. Likes fluff1975 liked this post
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The guidance is updated, I wonder why you are not getting that? When you click through to editing your sef there is an option of SEF HELP in the left hand box. I clicked that and printed it off. If I can save it I'll attempt to attach it on here if I'm allowed.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fluff1975 View Post
    The guidance is updated, I wonder why you are not getting that? When you click through to editing your sef there is an option of SEF HELP in the left hand box. I clicked that and printed it off. If I can save it I'll attempt to attach it on here if I'm allowed.
    Yes I believe the guidance 'within' the SEF itself has been updated and you can access it when you log in
    We are trying to get information when the Ofsted October 2013 guidance will be updated to Sept 2015

Yes please can you post the link if you can...thank you

Simona Guest

Hi Sarah....thanks for your tweets this morning
    Just to clarify this is the guidance that needs updating NO 130184 as it is dated October 2013

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ion_20form.pdf

Ofsted did confirm last week they 'aim' to re publish this guidance this week

Each provider can now access their own SEF online with the supporting guide which they can open and use ...but... I do feel Ofsted have to combine the two.

Simona Guest

Hi again Sarah...just a follow up as I know many members are not on twitter and may not link our messages.

yes I agree with you that the Ofsted guidance no 130184 has little to be updated but it is better to just re publish it with Sept 2015 date on it so it coincides with CIF and updated SEF...it would avoid confusion.

Ofsted have replied last week they 'aim' to republish this week so may be they feel it would be less confusing....having said that ...3 weeks ago they said they would re publish early September...see my twitter feed.

24. Likes sarah707 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast