Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CPD proof

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CPD proof

Hi everyone
    Can someone let me know how to prove my CPD from the forum. Do I print off the list of threads I have joined in/started on my account page or just mention it?
    Thanks

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Hi everyone
    Can someone let me know how to prove my CPD from the forum. Do I print off the list of threads I have joined in/started on my account page or just mention it?
    Thanks
    On whatever form you have to record CPD put
    date...how long spent ...topic discussed and outcome/reflection

I do this once a month on my form and mention the topics... if any that I want to highlight... or just 'peer to peer support' and most important 'info sharing' !

3. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just mentioned in my SEF that I use childminder forums as a way of keeping up to date and sharing good practice - the inspector picked up on it and asked me a few questions and even mentioned it in my report. I don't record the time I spend on here or the topics discussed - for me, that would be too time consuming! But for someone just starting out I can see it might be useful as a way of building up your cpd file.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

5. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies

Simona Guest

It is not compulsory to record the time you spend on CPD but the reason I mentioned it is because Agency CMs will have to show 16hrs of CPD per year...so no reason for ICMs not to do something similar

If you are a pacey member you will find their POS are based on hours of CPD...the more you do the higher up the M'ship ladder you move with the top requiring 25 hrs per year
    For some cms that is plenty....for others that is probably what they do in a month!!

So totally your choice how you do it
    Good luck

8. Likes mum67 liked this post