Is it ever too late to fill it in?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it ever too late to fill it in?

Really worrying about this as everytime I look at it I panic and think I'll do it all wrong. I have just bought Sarah's e-book on it so confident it will help me but not even started to fill it in yet and my first inspection could be anytime now.

How can I give myself a grade when not even been doing it long what if I give myself a good and they totally strip me down to the lowest grade available I will be so upset.

I always push myself to be the best and get the best results, I am constantly looking at my home, garden, paperwork, resources to see what is missing or can be improved and always, always find something to do.

It is so frightening, my poor son who has always given me confidence and reassured me must be going out of his mind. He says "Mum it's your first inspection whatever you get doesn't really matter because you will have 3 years to improve it and just explain to parents why you got it and what you will do to make the next one better, if they are even interested to start with". How the tables have turned from me always propping him up and telling him his worth

Is it too late to start now or should I have done it from the beginning?

Hope it's not too late. So today I have decided to get started no matter what and not to switch it off in panic but to face my demon (with Sarah's e-book and my son as backup) lol
    Wish me luck.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Really worrying about this as everytime I look at it I panic and think I'll do it all wrong. I have just bought Sarah's e-book on it so confident it will help me but not even started to fill it in yet and my first inspection could be anytime now.

How can I give myself a grade when not even been doing it long what if I give myself a good and they totally strip me down to the lowest grade available I will be so upset.

I always push myself to be the best and get the best results, I am constantly looking at my home, garden, paperwork, resources to see what is missing or can be improved and always, always find something to do.

It is so frightening, my poor son who has always given me confidence and reassured me must be going out of his mind. He says "Mum it's your first inspection whatever you get doesn't really matter because you will have 3 years to improve it and just explain to parents why you got it and what you will do to make the next one better, if they are even interested to start with". How the tables have turned from me always propping him up and telling him his worth

Is it too late to start now or should I have done it from the beginning?

Hope it's not too late. So today I have decided to get started no matter what and not to switch it off in panic but to face my demon (with Sarah's e-book and my son as backup) lol
    Wish me luck.
    The evaluation schedule used by inspectors can be of help so you can see what they are looking for when grading you
    You can grade yourself good or outstanding as long as you make it clear you will always be looking at improvements etc etc

Ofsted | Evaluation schedule for inspections of registered early years provision

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

its absolutely worth it.
    My first sef took me around 14 hours to do with the help of sarahs e-book. In fact having the ebook meant that it took much longer - it made me really think about all areas of my provision in great detail , and think of relevant examples for everything. I remain convinced that I would not have got my grade without such an in depth sef - after all it was my 1st inspection . Sit was worth it from an inspection point of view , but very worth doing for self reflection too - which I suppose is the point!
    After the 1st time updating it is much quicker and relatively painless - unless , like me , you leave it til the last second and then the system goes crash when you need to submit

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simona downloaded and will read later.

Mama2three that's what I seem to have done left it until the last minute thinking it is just a tick yes or no form, stupid me. I have bought the e-book from Sarah today but it's not come through yet.

Thanks for your replies

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Thanks Simona downloaded and will read later.

Mama2three that's what I seem to have done left it until the last minute thinking it is just a tick yes or no form, stupid me. I have bought the e-book from Sarah today but it's not come through yet.

Thanks for your replies
    There is also a guide you can print on the OFSTED Online SEF that tells you exactly what they are looking for in your answers
    Between that and the Evaluation schedule it should make life easier for you....

Spare a thought for those cms who had completed the SEF a while back...when we went back to it found Ofsted had moved everything around when they updated the version...that was not funny

If it is any consolation the current version is much shorter...it used to be sooooo very longwinded!!!
    Good luck

6. Likes mum67 liked this post