Confused about updating sef
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused about updating sef

I hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question but I'm all confused and need so clarification if possible.

I wrote my sef in November but I just typed it all up with the intention to cut and paste onto the Ofsted site but for some reason I just printed it out and kept it in my folder and forgot about it but now I want to update it and put it online as inspection is creeping up.

So...if I put the original sef online is there anyway I can date it back from November and if I can then how do I add an update, is there a separate area for the updated sections or do you just add it on to the original sef?

I'm so confused and if anyone can understand this post and get back to me I'd really appreciate it

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I got told you always date every entry onto the sef and never delete previous entries either. That way ofsted can see how you are progressing and taking your setting forward.

3. Likes Miss freckles liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure you can not back-date a SEF on Ofsted website. They don't want settings to falsely create a history of self-evaluating!

I would get new SEF on Ofsted site ASAP. Write IN THE SEF that you have done previous SEF date 'xxx' and that it is available to view at your setting. You could summarize you main improvement points from previous SEF and write how you have implemented improvements.

5. Likes Miss freckles liked this post