Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    1/11/11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default struggling at completing my SEF

Hi there

I'm a failrly new registered childminder (since November 2011) & am due my inspection soon, so just preparing everything now as I dont want to flip out on the last minute.

Ive started completeing my SEF but some of these questions are mind boggling

please could you help me with the following questions - ' the effectiveness of Safeguarding?' - ' the effectiveness of partnership? 'the effectiveness of leadership & management in the EYFS stage om the basis of your evaluation, what are your priorities for improvement?'

your help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance x

Post Thanks / Like

Get Sarah707's e-book, that will help you answer all the questions

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Go on the Ofsted website and take a look at some inspection reports and see what they have to say about how minders safeguard children and that will give you an idea of where to build from - don't copy them and take a look at inspections from outside your area - you know that you are doing it properly its just that we all have difficulty in wording things so we don't hide our lights under a bushel.
    Celest

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you miffy!

The effectiveness of partnerships is about how you work with pre-schools, schools, nurseries etc to support the children.

You could talk about sharing some information, looking at the child's LJ from the setting they attend, complementing food offered in nursery eg they give a meal and you give a snack...

Hth

jan01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I've just completed my SEF and talk about repetitive!! as posts from those who have already responded...you basically have to describe how you work in partnership with parents, professionals and other settings ....eg sharing learning journal with setting...I wrote how I use the information regarding the topics my mindie is doing in nursery and using this in my planning....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by romanygirl View Post
    Hi I've just completed my SEF and talk about repetitive!!
    Yes it can be repetitive! I found myself putting a bit of a response with a "also see section xx which covers this too"
    Pauline x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the very reason I have never done one.

I show my reflective practice in other ways that are included in my everyday practice without the need to spend hours filling in the Sef.

I had a difficult inspector in September but she wasn't a bit concerned about the lack of a Sef and I got a Good grading overall with 3 outstandings.

jumpinjen Guest

Have you looked at the guide to the sef that is available from Ofsted?

That will give you some help and I can recommend Sarah's e-book too - I've broken the back of mine, nearly done in draft and I've found it very useful to do tbh - I did reflect anyway but having the specific areas to consider focussed that and I realised how much I did that was great - It has been easier to do it this time around with a few years experience under my belt than it was first time around in my first six months!

Good luck, Jen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you also looked int he Free Downloads? There is information provided by Sarah707 in there too, helping you make sense of it all.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freere...downloads.html (in the first section on the left hand side)
    Pauline x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default some one HELP SEF

hi
    have u done ur SEF, I m doing mine do u think U can help, I just don`t know what to do Pleaseeeeeeeeeee,

I'm a failrly new registered childminder (since November 2011) & am due my inspection soon, so just preparing everything now as I dont want to flip out on the last minute.

please could you help me with the following questions - ' the effectiveness of Safeguarding?' - ' the effectiveness of partnership? 'the effectiveness of leadership & management in the EYFS stage om the basis of your evaluation, what are your priorities for improvement?'

many thanks in advance x[/QUOTE]

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravi26 View Post
    hi
    have u done ur SEF, I m doing mine do u think U can help, I just don`t know what to do Pleaseeeeeeeeeee,

many thanks in advance x
    [/QUOTE]

I think you might be using an old copy of the SEF.

The new one is here -

SEF Ofsted

Hth