when to start self evaluating?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default when to start self evaluating?

I have just started childminding & will be due my 1st Ofsted visit in January. Scary!!! Do I need to start doing my self evaluation form yet, I have it in the back of my mind that I don't need to do it until after my 1st visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janetpea View Post
    I have just started childminding & will be due my 1st Ofsted visit in January. Scary!!! Do I need to start doing my self evaluation form yet, I have it in the back of my mind that I don't need to do it until after my 1st visit.
    Yes start it now as when you have your inspection they will either ring and ask for you to send them a copy before they come out, or they will wait until they turn up, it will save time on your inspection by having it so they can read it.

Good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should be evaluating from before you start childminding as you set things up, go on courses and make changes to the ways you work.

It is all important evidence of improvement