Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW SEF-setting description

HELLO,
    I AM GABRIELA,I TRY TO DO MY SEF BUT SEEMS A LIITLE HARDER THAN I THOUGHT-THIS IS MY FIRST ONE..
    COULD YOU GIVE A BIT OF HELP WITH DESCRIBING THE SETTING ?
    AS I GO ON AND ON FROM THE KITTCHEN TO CLEANING THE FLOORS,OR TOWELS,INCLUDE ALL INTO THE RISK ASSESMENT AND START DESCRIBING HOW I DO THE RISK ASSESMENT AND ITS CONTENT.......
    JUMP FROM ONE POINT TO ANOTHER .....
    PLS GIVE ME SOME EXAMPLES
    THANX ALOT

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hello, and welcome

i described my house & area

' a 3 bedroom detached house with a kitchen diner, sitting room, dining room & playroom. we use the playroom to play in, the kitchen for eating, crafts & messy play and the sitting room for quiet times. i have an enclosed secure garden with a selection of toys/climbing frame/slide/ride ons etc. i live close to the centre of town, with 10-15min walk to school/preschool/nursery & childrens centre. there is a large park across the road. '

i then talk about how long i have been childminding/in childcare, my qualifications, what hours i am open and what numbers/age range of children i have.

hope this helps x

sarah707 sells a good book to help with the SEF! Sarah Neville e-books

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I read a few Ofsted reports when I first started mine, they always do a brief description of house and area on first paragraph. I always have trouble getting started, once I had the basics just expanded it from there
    Jo x

nov2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

thank you very much ladies.

it looks so hard and they ask for so many details...
    when i start a phrase onter 100 words comes into my mind,and i want to add all,then i do not know if it will be under the right cathegory ...and then blank...
    i do not know what to put down.
    i've started the first task,and sarah's e-book sounds like a good idea.
    i've red so many good things about it.
    thank you for your help

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adelinne.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I've noticed quite a few members posting in 'all-caps' and I just want to issue an appeal and explanation on behalf of those of us who find these posts difficult to follow.

Just a polite request. Could you please keep the caps lock off when posting? Many people, myself included, find it extremely difficult to read 'all-caps' text, or even all-lower-case text too. The fact is, if we find it difficult to read, there's a good chance we'll give up and move on. But then the OP may miss out on the sort of help and support that we're all here to give one another.

Also, it can be regarded as confrontational in some situations: particularly if the context of the message is at all sensitive. IIRC, there was a secretary in New Zealand who was disciplined by her employer cos the other employees felt her 'all-caps' messages were creating an atmosphere of intimidation!

Look forward to seeing you around lots on the forum, and good luck with the SEF. Remember, the SEF is not compulsory (it's only there to make life easier for Ofsted) and you don't have to do it if you can show another way of demonstrating your reflective practice and planning.