2 year progress check and SEF
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year progress check and SEF

Hi
    I am a newly registered childminder waiting for my first Ofsted inspection. I've Sarah's EYFS e- book and I don't understand by this 'if you don't need to write a progress check yet write a sample document for 2 year progress'. Do we just need to produce a document that just shows the format or need to write a fake progress report????????? If that it is the case any ideas? Sorry I am getting confused please help.

Many thanks

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misssunshine View Post
    Hi
    I am a newly registered childminder waiting for my first Ofsted inspection. I've Sarah's EYFS e- book and I don't understand by this 'if you don't need to write a progress check yet write a sample document for 2 year progress'. Do we just need to produce a document that just shows the format or need to write a fake progress report????????? If that it is the case any ideas? Sorry I am getting confused please help.

Many thanks
    I would say that you could make a template showing what you would record but you don't need to make up fake information, you could talk through with the inspector the kind of things you would be filling in with regards to the child's progress

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much I was really worried.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You could just do a template and write "for example" and give an example of what you may write under that heading if it was about a real child - just to show how you would cover all areas - so not exactly "fake" more "pretend"!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any other eyfs children? I would write an assessment on one of the other eyfs children (not a two year check) and then explain how you will change the assessment when it comes to the two year check. (there is not much difference)
    If that makes sense?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry I clearly haven't explained it properly!

The 2 year progress check is a big part of the new inspections - I have read lots of Ofsted inspection reports commenting on the childminder's lack of progress check - usually because the childminder does not have a 2 year old in their care.

Anything that comments on a lack of something is seen as a negative by most people so... to counter it ... I am suggesting that you write up a sample / example progress check for a child in your care or even a pretend child.

I am not saying you HAVE to do it - it's totally up to you.

If you did choose to do it - it would be good practice for when you have to do a real one and show the inspector that you know what you are talking about

Post Thanks / Like

Default do we need to fill in All about me???

Do we need to fill in All About Me and other child records even if the child is registered for three hours a week????
    Please help?