Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec2005
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quality Assured,will I benifit or just means lots more paperwork

Hi,first time to use childminding forum,
    My co ordinator wants to come Thurs are make me QA ,what are the real benefits or is it just lots of paperwork.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry don't know what QA means, maybe it's just your local area that does it?

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am part of network, never come accross QA with our co ordinator is it (quality assessment) i might sound silly, it may well be...... cant think of any thing else?
    Jas Bedi

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a quality assured network!

It does mean more paperwork but does have it benefits!

To begin with the DO will check you are doing everything you should be, and make suggestions for improvement if need be.

Then I get visits only 3-4 a yr, my DO just observes me with the children & we discuss a personal development plan (eg maybe a course) etc. We hold meetings to discuss anything currrent going on in minding for network members at the local childrens center which may or maynot be helpful.

I get access to training which other minders dont and its alwasy helpful to have the DO to quiz if you have a question, she can also be extremely helpful if you have a child with needs to get what you want!

Its definitely a selling point to parents because of all of the above, they like to know you have regular contact with the DO which not minders have regular with anyone!

Dec2005
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaswinder bedi View Post
    I am part of network, never come accross QA with our co ordinator is it (quality assessment) i might sound silly, it may well be...... cant think of any thing else?
    Hi its a "quality assured childminder" .

Dec2005
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Sorry don't know what QA means, maybe it's just your local area that does it?
    Hi ,I`ve just finished level 3 CYWP and the co ordinator for our borough wants to make me quality assured childminder.

Dec2005
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    I'm on a quality assured network!

It does mean more paperwork but does have it benefits!

To begin with the DO will check you are doing everything you should be, and make suggestions for improvement if need be.

Then I get visits only 3-4 a yr, my DO just observes me with the children & we discuss a personal development plan (eg maybe a course) etc. We hold meetings to discuss anything currrent going on in minding for network members at the local childrens center which may or maynot be helpful.

I get access to training which other minders dont and its alwasy helpful to have the DO to quiz if you have a question, she can also be extremely helpful if you have a child with needs to get what you want!

Its definitely a selling point to parents because of all of the above, they like to know you have regular contact with the DO which not minders have regular with anyone!
    Thanks ,sounds good.I have just finished level 3 CYPW