Thread: How long?

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long?

Hello

My self assessment form had to be submitted by April 30th, I have still nor heard from the CC about my inspection. How long does this usually take? I have nearly convinced myself that they are just going to turn up! Will they? Or how much notice will I get?

Thanks I have been so stressed over this!!

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How long?

Don't be stressed - mine was to be submitted by 2nd April and I have still not heard anything.

I am in the North East and as far as I can gather all the CCO's up here give from half a days notices to a couple of weeks. I think it depends how far they are travelling to get to you and how busy the are. My CCO said he would always phone to check I was here becuase he doesn't want to drive for an hour and a half only to find I'm out.
    Me x

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh mine has to be submitted by the 21st of may!! this is my first, i have spent all afternoon fretting over it, its now complete (well as far as i can see) but im scared to submit incase i think of something else to add!!! then again if i do think of anything i could just take note to tell the cco on inspection and stop worrying about it!!!! if you dont mind me asking how much did you guys write on the sef?? as i really havent a clue how much info they are expecting?? xx
    x x

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlen- I was the same. I was a complete stressed out mess! I won't tell you how many tears I shed, I was sobbing in exasperation one day and the tesco man arrived lol. I have NEVER seen anyone more uncomfortable!

I wrote quite a lot on mine, I also wrote a lot that was the same, things were crossing over in a lot if the statements. I just tried to use the wee guidelines as best I could. I figured in the end that it was my first and I could only get it wrong ?
    I was scared to grade myself too, I ended up grading all 4s. Someone suggested I could put some 3s so the CCO might grade me higher, but I don't think I would intentionally do something that wasnt at least a 4

Thanks for the reassurance , my CCO will be travelling at least an hour do will prob call first I guess.

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC - all 6's
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: How long?

mine had to be in by 16th April and I got it on the 29th April. I was lucky as i contacted my CCO when i received my notice as im pregnant and wanted my inspection before i start maternity leave in June so she arranged the date well in advance. Got 6's so was extremely chuffed with myself (got 5's last year).

Last year for my 1st inspection i got a call 2 weeks after my self assessment had been submitted and had 2 days notice. Its very rare that they will just turn up at the doorstep, most people i know get 1 or 2 days notice, sometimes more.

Just go over your self assessment form(make sure you print a copy before you submit it) and make sure everything you have referenced/mentioned you have at hand, make sure all your records, policies etc are all up to date so you dont have a panic when you get"the call".

Grade yourself highly, i know its hard to do but if you are doing what they are saying they shout loud. I was really nervous last year but it really isnt as bad as you think it is, it is also a lot easier the 2nd year as you only need to add or update the info on your self assessment and do all the hard work in the 1st year putting things into place.

good luck

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou everyone, I got the call yesterday! CCO is coming on Friday at 2pm! I feel calmer about it than I thought I would! It is the same woman who registered me and I actually like her so fingers crossed she will be kind!