My Eform - suggestions welcome! (scottish)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Eform - suggestions welcome! (scottish)

Anyone mind if I run this by you? Sorry it's a bit long!

It's quality theme 3.2 I provide a service that promotes the health, nutrition and safety of the children in my care.

Am I waffling or is it ok and can you think of anything glaringly obvious I have missed out?! I need to put in more about child protection I know, but anything else?
    Nutrition -

I have a valid Food Hygiene certificate which I will keep up to date.

I have completed 2 training sessions since my last inspection - Nutrition and a session during our Healthy and Active training with the dietician from Dr. Gray's.

I have had to familiarise myself with and provide a Dairy free diet with help from parent and dieticians due to a mindees needs.

Since my last inspection I have stopped providng freshly cooked meals for children. I request that parents bring their child a healthy lunchbox with them which is stored in the fridge. I am happy to accept frozen/chilled/plated meals to store safely and reheat.

I provide drinks and snacks to the children. My aim is to provide children with a filling, healthy, balanced and tasty diet using a variety of colours, textures, tastes and also foods from different cultures.

I have a copy of the Scottish Government's book "Nutritional Guidance for Early Years" which I have read and use to plan what snacks I offer and I also obtained an Adventures in Foodland pack which I use a lot in activites. I also have the FSA pack which again has been read and taken on board.

Children have filled in a questionnaire about what foods they like/would like to eat in my setting which was a huge success and I am in the process of reviewing the snacks I offer as outlined below.

I have in place a Nutrition policy which shows my commitment to healthy eating, a copy of which is discussed with and given to parents when they start, a copy also in my portfolio. I ask parents to respect my no junk ethos when providing their own lunchboxes.

When a new child starts I ask the parents what kind of foods they like, and then use this information to plan my snacks/drinks.

I use a wipeclean board in my hallway to write up the snacks being offered that day.

I write what the children have eaten during the day, and how much in their diaries to take home for the parent to see. (or however feedback has been decided)

When weaning starts I aim to work in partnership with parents wishes and encourage them to use real food and make sure they know I don't simply want to use purees and am quite happy for them to explore finger foods freely and I don't mind mess! I have visited the Health Visitor with one family to discuss weaning their son.

We all sit down to eat lunch together at the table, I have booster seats for the younger children and highchair for babies. All children have their own set of childsized cutlery to use, and I use plastic child sized plates and bowls. Everyone is encouraged to use good table manners, to help set out and clear up and to eat well.
    Puddings are not withheld as "punishment" for not clearing their dinner plates.

We often do cooking activities, making sandwiches, cakes or biscuits together, to either eat for snacks or to take home. I have introduced a weekly activiy plan and we have a designated "Cooking Day" now.

I like to offer children choices about what they eat whenever I can. I encourage them to choose healthy snacks without demonising the less healthy.

At snack times we usually sit in the dining room and sometimes on the floor in the lounge.
    For snacks I provide things like fruit, vegetable sticks, homemade cakes/flapjacks etc, cheese, rice cakes, toast, cereals.
    We have a morning snack and an afternoon snack.

If we are going out and about we will often take lunch with us to eat outside which always goes down well and the children actually eat better.

We have attended a "Tropical Snacktime" that a fellow CM kindly invited us to and tried out lots of new foods. We are going to reciprocate when it is Diwali.

Water is available at all times to children and their own special cup/beaker, milk or diluted pure fruit juice is available at mealtimes.

I follow the current FSA guidelines for safe preparation of infant formula. The unused milk is then thrown away and not kept for later.

Health and Safety-

I have undertaken Healthy and Active training through the MCP including sessions with Health Visitors, SALT, dietetics, Library service and Sports Development.

I have also undertaken training in Risk Assessing with CALA and as a result have completely reviewed the way I carry out risk assessments. Risk Assesments are reviewed annually or whenever a new mindee enters the setting.

I carry out Fire Drills with the children, and maintain the smoke alarms/fire blankets regularly.

In May 2009, me and 3 mindees plus one Mum took part in Beep Beep! Day which the Moray Childminding Group organised - it's about road safety and we learnt how to cross the roads safely with the help of local police and road safety officer.

I have purchased Hi Vis baseball caps with my phone number on for the mindees to wear when we are out.

My home is Smoke Free.
    I have a valid First Aid Certificate.
    I have a valid Food Hygiene Certificate.
    Regular risk assessments of my home and garden are carried out and recorded and reviewed.
    I have public liability insurance.
    I have a No smoking policy.
    I have mains smoke alarms, a fire blanket and a Fire Evacuation Policy.
    I keep an Accident/Incident record book.
    I have a Child Protection policy.
    I have trained in Child Protection and know my responsibilities.
    I have a fully equipped First Aid box, and a travel pack.
    I have emergency contact details in my purse at all times.
    I operate a sickness exclusion policy to minimise infections spreading.
    I have Infection Control procedures in place.
    I provide hand washing and toileting facilities and encourage correct use.
    Children have seperate towels/flannels to prevent infection spreading.
    I operate a cleaning rota to ensure standards of cleanliness and hygiene are consistent.
    My home and garden are secure.
    Strangers (meter readers etc) will not be admitted to my home during minding hours.
    Improvements:
    Trial a flexi-snack programme as I have seen this in operation at a local nursery my mindee attended and she was really positive talking about it to me and liked being in control of what she ate herself.

Put together some new snacks with the help of children and provide parents with a list of snacks we eat and to rotate them on a 2 weekly basis as I feel on reflection that our snacks are getting a bit "samey" recently.

Purchase a fridge thermometer to ensure that food is stored at correct temp and a food probe to ensure reheated food is done correctly.

Retake Food Hygiene exam in 2011.

Retake Child Protection course in 2010.

Complete a First Aid refresher course in 2010.
    Last edited by Pudding Girl; 26-06-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Eform - suggestions welcome!

all I can say is WOW!

Thats alot more than I put but well written and covers everything.

They should be well impressed with that
    Fiona xx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that just one answer??? jeezzzzzzzzzz

Reads well tho x

Jan 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Very comprehensive, Will be having a look when my next inspection comes up,

I got a letter on Wednesday from the CC to say I won't be inspected this year, my next inspection will be after April 2010.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estrelas View Post
    Is that just one answer??? jeezzzzzzzzzz

Reads well tho x
    Yup, one of 20 lol! 3 of which I can copy and paste as they ask the same thing.

I got all 5s last year so am going all out for 6s and a lil bird told me that more important than the first part is the second part as that's what they want, to reflect and improve, so am finding more things to put down for that.

Do you think bullet points are ok though?

July'95
    Post Thanks / Like

george ..... it looks brilliant, well done!!!
    i can't think of anything else for you to put in, think you've covered everything
    i know ever cco is different, but mine certainly looked for that extra bit of information re child protection so i would agree with you there

good luck
    annmarie x

Quote Originally Posted by Keekee View Post
    Hi,

I got a letter on Wednesday from the CC to say I won't be inspected this year, my next inspection will be after April 2010.
    me too...got a letter this morning....and i'd already started thinking about what to put on the sef

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but what is an Eform?????????????????????????

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Scottish

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Scottish
    I am in scotland and haven't heard of this either?
    has this to do with your inspection?
    I only just got registered...so not sure...
    Nicole xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Eform - suggestions welcome! (scottish)

Yes, before you have your Inspections you get 4 weeks notice ( although mine was 3 for some reason?!) to fill in an Eform. Also you get paper copies of parents forms to hand to them which they fiull in and post off.

After you submitt online you are supposed to have around 4 weeks till your inspection. they do tell you beforehand though, it's not unannounced

You get a Care Commission webstie log in and complete it on there, it's 20 statements such as the one above, and you have to tell them how you meet that requirement, how you will improve what you already do, and when by, and finaly what grade you are awarding yourself 1-6 - 6 being highest.

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks George...

that sounds very similar to the process my old employer used to grade us!!
    We got goals...and needed to keep our own records and evidence of how we achieved these goals...then once a year we had a big assessment..loads of Q+A stuff to fill in..then meeting with manager...then grading..then payrise..

And I thought I got away from it all!!!
    Nicole xx

Jan 92
    Post Thanks / Like

You're eform may be on line now, you can have look, fill bits in throughout the year, but you don't send it until the CC ask you to,

That is my plan, but never quite get round to it,

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    thanks George...

that sounds very similar to the process my old employer used to grade us!!
    We got goals...and needed to keep our own records and evidence of how we achieved these goals...then once a year we had a big assessment..loads of Q+A stuff to fill in..then meeting with manager...then grading..then payrise..

And I thought I got away from it all!!!
    you got away from that bit ^^

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Yes, before you have your Inspections you get 4 weeks notice ( although mine was 3 for some reason?!) to fill in an Eform. Also you get paper copies of parents forms to hand to them which they fiull in and post off.

After you submitt online you are supposed to have around 4 weeks till your inspection. they do tell you beforehand though, it's not unannounced

You get a Care Commission webstie log in and complete it on there, it's 20 statements such as the one above, and you have to tell them how you meet that requirement, how you will improve what you already do, and when by, and finaly what grade you are awarding yourself 1-6 - 6 being highest.
    this must be the equivalent of our self evaluation form for Ofsted

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    this must be the equivalent of our self evaluation form for Ofsted
    and our Self Assessment form for CSSIW . We don't have to grade ourselves but then we do not get a grade at the inspection

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

wow you have written about triple the amount than i did when i had mine.
    karen

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Done 72%

only got 3 QS to finish off now and have to submit by 1st July.

Noticed there was a QS about bullying/discrimination, was that there last year or is it a new one?

Jan 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checked my last years form, and yes it's there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

oh I never thought to do that just wondered as all my last years answers were transferred across but that one...

just had an email from my CCO about a few things, holidays and suchlike ending with a very ominous I'll contact you soon.......