Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activites for a 1 year old

Hi,
    I need more ideas for a 1 year old as I feel I don't do much for him. Obviously I do lots of planning for my slightly older kids ( which he joins in for most things) but not a lot specifically for him.
    We do baby toys, singing with puppets, nursery Rythmes, walks, park , painting etc but feel I'm maybe missing something.

I only have the 1 year old next week and would like to plan something better for him - any ideas?

Thanks x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Look in Development Matters, loads of things in there.
    Treasure baskets, music- percussion and shakers, playdough, finger painting, paint in sealed zip-lock bags, big boxes to crawl in/round, pop-up tunnel to crawl through, softplay- or make you own with sofa cushions; posting plasic lids into a container with a slot cut in lid; filling/empying containers; trolley to push around; waterproofs on and crawling in garden; in the woods- stopping by a fallen log to stand and explore feeling the moss and bark, looking for minibeasts, take a toy car to drive along logs; big basket of dry autumn leaves to throw about and crawl through, holding leaves when out in buggy; tray of water and bubbles to splash hands in...

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Look in Development Matters, loads of things in there. Treasure baskets, music- percussion and shakers, playdough, finger painting, paint in sealed zip-lock bags, big boxes to crawl in/round, pop-up tunnel to crawl through, softplay- or make you own with sofa cushions; posting plasic lids into a container with a slot cut in lid; filling/empying containers; trolley to push around; waterproofs on and crawling in garden; in the woods- stopping by a fallen log to stand and explore feeling the moss and bark, looking for minibeasts, take a toy car to drive along logs; big basket of dry autumn leaves to throw about and crawl through, holding leaves when out in buggy; tray of water and bubbles to splash hands in...
    Never heard of that development matters a thank you so helpful x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wend View Post
    Never heard of that development matters a thank you so helpful x
    I saw after I posted that you are in Scotland. Dev Matters is an England thing I guess? But useful universally.

https://www.early-education.org.uk/development-matters