Thread: babies

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default babies

Hi,

Im not sure what to do, I am looking after a baby at the moment and have my own almost 2 year old. I have just had another enquiry about taking on another 2 year old. How would I juggle that? I have a double buggy should i think about a triple?

Thanks

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a triple and it's ok. Just about eeks through the gates at school and I can't even consider calling in at the shops with it. But in all other aspects it does its job effectively.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could the baby go in a sling?
    Do you do school runs? If you don't have to be at a place at a certain time, or can take a long time to get there the 2 year olds can walk. I have rarely used the buggy with my was 2 now 3 year olds, but we tend to go for walks/ forest school activities in the nearby nature reserve....run on field or visit local shops and library van......I love that I don't need to rush anywhere and that I can go at their pace, they can walk for miles now and are so traffic and safety savvy.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wend View Post
    Hi,

Im not sure what to do, I am looking after a baby at the moment and have my own almost 2 year old. I have just had another enquiry about taking on another 2 year old. How would I juggle that? I have a double buggy should i think about a triple?

Thanks
    I use a long front to back double, with a buggyboard on it. The baby goes in the front, heaviest two year old in the back, and the next two year old goes on the buggyboard. (To be honest, the 2 year olds end up taking turns on the Buggyboard, as they love it.)

This configuration makes getting about with three little ones really easy, even in and out of shops (although I do a bulk shop at the weekend to keep these ad hoc trips to a minimum). I would love to let the two year olds walk, but I am too much of a scaredy cat, so I always err on the side of caution and keep them in the buggy when we're near busy roads, as I live in London and the roads can be deadly.

Hope that helps,

L

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Double + buggy board works best for my 3x 1-2 year olds.
    I did have a triple but it was so heavy to push, big to store, impossible to lift once folded (so couldn't get in car).
    I encourage the 2 year olds to walk- one is a good walker, the other isn't.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a double side by side with an easy x rider (buggy board with a seat) for my 3 1yr olds!

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's me just signed her up, so now have a 6 month old and 2 x2 year olds all advice welcome 😃

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You will be kept busy but take time to enjoy it, and join in those special play times like being fascinated by ants, running sand through your fingers, closely inspecting your toes and fingers, eating jelly with for fingers and so much more.
    Have fun!! X