Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Children age 12 & over confusion

Last year I had 6 before and afterschool children (included in this was my own 2 children)
    I got a variation to my service as I had another childcare enquiry bringing my before and afterschool up to 7
    What's confusing me is when I spoke to the inspector dealing with my enquiry she said that as of next year my daughter who turns 12 wouldn't be included in my numbers?
    I've had family enquiries & thought I would be able to advertise her space?
    I phoned up the care inspectorate on Friday & was told no that she would be on my numbers until she's 16, however I've just been on scswis website and it says
    No more then 6 children under the age of 12,
    Can anyone shed any light on this, as I'm confused.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

There does seem to be confusion over this, but I do know of childminders that have got a variation once their child was over 12 to allow them to have 6 under 12 and 7 under 16.

I have a variation to allow me to have 2 12 year old girls in addition the 6 under 12. (These were existing mindees that I thought would be leaving but parents still wanted them to come in after school).

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a quick google the age 12 bit appears to apply to care on domesticated premises and is upto the care commission to allow or not. The age 16 to childminders.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still confused, I'm going to speak to the lady who did my varation tomorrow as she was the one who orginally planted the seed and mentioned it otherwise I'd still be no wiser

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm lost.most childminders can have 6 under 8 years and as many as your insurance says altogether. So for example morton michel might say 12 children (might not be correct example), so thats 6 under 8 years and 6 above 8 years but who in there right mind would want so many!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sorry I'm lost.most childminders can have 6 under 8 years and as many as your insurance says altogether. So for example morton michel might say 12 children (might not be correct example), so thats 6 under 8 years and 6 above 8 years but who in there right mind would want so many!!
    OP is in Scotland and they have different rules x

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just put in a variation for when my daughter turns 12 in 6 weeks time to increase my numbers to 7. Was told by inspector to do this at my inspection in July.
    Fiona xx

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fionamal View Post
    Ive just put in a variation for when my daughter turns 12 in 6 weeks time to increase my numbers to 7. Was told by inspector to do this at my inspection in July.
    Maybe that's were I picked my inspector up wrong,I had last year done a variation to increase my numbers to 7
    & she went on about once my child turned 12 she wouldn't be classed in my variation?
    I've just assumed she wouldn't be classed in my numbers etc,
    Have left a message for my inspector to phone me and clarify