unannounced inspection!help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default unannounced inspection!help!

This will be my first inspection as I have only been registered a few months and I have no idea what they will think of my paperwork! I'm no
    t sure if I have enough in place, doing it right,etc!can anyone help?x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's unannounced, how do you know you are going to be inspected? Have a look in the free downloads at the top of page to see what paperwork you need. Good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Try not to panic!

There is a little bit of info for Scottish minders in the Free Downloads section, so maybe have a look there.

Then hopefully one of the Scottish ladies will be along soon and they will be able to give you some advice

4. Likes Leo0503 liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I had my first inspection last August when they were still short notice announced - must admit I am not chuffed that they are now announced!!

At my inspection she checked my polices and procedures, fire drill logs, risk assessments, medication forms and accident forms (and chatted about procedure for these) asked about child protection and looked at my children's folders.

What you could do is look on the care inspectorate website and look at a couple of the recent inspection reports and this would give you am idea of what they are currently concentrating on.

Good luck
    X

6. Likes Leo0503 liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say now un-announced!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in Wales and we have unannounced inspections within a certain period last year it was within the year. Read your regs and standards that you work to and look at how you are meeting them. If you are not meeting something put it in place and make a note so that you can show your CPD with this.

Scottish Lass has a good idea to look at inspection reports on line as she says they will help you to see what you need in place - her list is similar to what my Welsh inspectors look at. In Wales we don't get to see reports on-line

Don't panic - You are probably doing a lot better than you actually think you are doing. In Wales the inspectors also guide us if we need to do something or put something more in place. Your inspector knows that this is your first inspection and will help you with anything else you need to do

Goodd luck

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlass View Post
    Meant to say now un-announced!
    Thanks a lot for all the advice!x