At last,it's over!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default At last,it's over!!!

Finally got my inspection this morning, unfortunately it was unannounced and my house is in chaos since we decided to reorganise our kids bedrooms and get new beds etc so their things are all over the house Glad it's over but really wish I'd had even a couple of hours notice to get some of the chaos away.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How annoying. Was it a pre-registration visit or a graded inspection? x

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Graded unfortunately. She was very happy with paperwork and development records but has said I will definitely get recommendations on quality of environment due to situation, she said that she will acknowledge the fact that we are doing work in house but she has to comment on what she saw on the day

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizduncan72 View Post
    Graded unfortunately. She was very happy with paperwork and development records but has said I will definitely get recommendations on quality of environment due to situation, she said that she will acknowledge the fact that we are doing work in house but she has to comment on what she saw on the day
    Oh, that's such bad luck. At least she will acknowledge stuff in the report. Well done on the paperwork though! Relax now. x

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was the same......was cleari g the house for the weekend thinking mrs o was coming this week and turned up on friday 13th.....I had planned on being out and about but she came at 8.20. ...just before svhool run so had to come back....got requires improvement. ...x

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

At least it is over. The relief is immense isn't it. I was on the same thread as you about the questionaire's arriving. Think I received mine a few weeks after you. You waited some time for this inspection so you must feel that a weight has been lifted. Think my questionairre's were due back beg of May and I got my inspection on 13th May. Luckily I had a lovely inspector who actually phoned me first on the 9th to check I would be in. She told me on the phone she would stay an hour and that was all she stayed for. Oh the relief was immense! I still feel so much more relaxed, the build up to it was so stressful.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, definately a relief to get it over with. Inspector was nice enough, stayed for two hours though!!! Just really annoyed that the house wasn't the way it should be ( and usually is!!) Told parents at collection and both sets said they didn't care what grade I get, they will still tell people they have an excellent childminder One offered to write a letter confirming that they know we are working on the house at the moment but they are happy that the child is safe and happy. Glad I have good parents

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Finally got my inspection this morning, unfortunately it was unannounced and my house is in chaos since we decided to reorganise our kids bedrooms and get new beds etc so their things are all over the house Glad it's over but really wish I'd had even a couple of hours notice to get some of the chaos away.
    Why was it unannounced? I thought they rang to check you are working?

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Why was it unannounced? I thought they rang to check you are working?
    I asked why she didn't phone first and she said they're doing more unannounced now. I would normally have been at play group by the time she came if I hadn't been waiting in for a parcel!! Wish I had been

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I asked why she didn't phone first and she said they're doing more unannounced now. I would normally have been at play group by the time she came if I hadn't been waiting in for a parcel!! Wish I had been
    Group providers normally receive no notice of the inspection. Childminders or group providers that do not operate regularly, such as summer play schemes, will usually receive a call no more than five days before the inspection to check which days they are operating and whether there are children on roll and present. The inspector must not specify the date of the inspection but should indicate the time by which the inspection will start. This will allow the childminder to leave the house if the inspector has not arrived by that time. If there are no children on roll or present, the inspection will be rescheduled unless there are good reasons why it must go ahead; for example, because it is close to the end of the inspection cycle.
    Ofsted will normally carry out inspections without notice where inspections are prioritised or brought forward because of concerns. Having no children on roll or present on the day is unlikely to lead to these inspections being deferred.

So the above quote from conducting Early Years inspections doesn't count??

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Scotland so we don't have Ofsted, different rules up here!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

In northern Ireland we are given date and time of inspection if they can call earlier they ring ahead or same if running late had my inspection yesterday and only last one hour . Would have been less if I didn't ask her a load if questions lol
    Tess1981