Letter arrived, inspection coming :(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter arrived, inspection coming :(

Just had letter from SCSWIS with parent questionnaires, inspection anytime after 4 weeks time was having a good day till that arrived!! Guess this next couple of weeks will be spent making sure all paperwork is up to date, got a pile of photos waiting to be added to kids books

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just keep plodding on at your paperwork - it's a bit like an ironing pile, it doesn't do itself but sometimes once you start it doesn't take as long as you think. Good luck with your inspection.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks made some progress this afternoon while little ones were sleeping and going to do a bit more tonight. Will get there eventually!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep pegging away at it and good luck, think how good you'll feel when it's over

Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the questionnaires through too. This will be my first inspection. I'm in the same boat as you - lots of photographs need to be put in childs folder and some form of text to go with them.

My policies and procedures are in good order but I'm worried about my lack of proof of Risk Assessments/cleaning schedules etc. I do this all the time but don't formally write it down. Will need to do so asap! FYI I looked up inspection reports that the inspector stated on the questionnaires has done. This is giving me an idea of what this inspector is looking for. The report I read seems that the childminder was doing everything right (on paper looked like vg or outstanding) but she got a good. I'm a little worried!

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

have you both had your inspections? How was it?

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting return date for questionnaires was last week so could be any time now!!

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Liz Dunacan - it is just the waiting isn't it? Good luck and please come back and tell me how it all goes. I have 3 weeks for the return date of mine. I am panicking.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trickiedickie View Post
    Good luck Liz Dunacan - it is just the waiting isn't it? Good luck and please come back and tell me how it all goes. I have 3 weeks for the return date of mine. I am panicking.
    Thanks will report back once it's over! I just want to get it out of the way so I can relax a bit, really hate the waiting and not knowing when they'll turn up

Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Still not had my inspection yet. She knows I'm not working during Easter Holidays so I'm fully expecting her to come round w/c 21/04. Will let you know how it goes!

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for saying you'll both get back on ths thread ladies, once your inspection is done or you know your date.

Abzbags, you said you looked up inspection reports the inspector on your letter had done? I have tried to do this on the care inspectorate site but couldn't get any results. Did you put the inspectors name in any of the fields? Thanks.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Liz and abs - have you had your inspection yet? How did you get on?