Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling anxious...

Hi everyone

Happy New Year. Hope everyone has had a lovely festive period.

I am currently in the process of registering. Actually feeling pretty anxious about it all. I sent in my registration at the start of September and still waiting for any contact from my case inspector regarding a visit. I have been waiting since the start of December and I have contacted the registration assistant various times (poor girl must be sick of me). She keeps saying everything is in order with my registration and he'll be in touch shortly but still nothing!! So feeling frustrated as I fully expect him to come out and need me to make changes and I just want to get things started asap. Does/did anyone else feel like this? Doesn't help that a couple of people who knew I was in the process of registering have been looking for childcare but I've not been able to help so they have needed to find someone else!

Sorry, just feeling a bit down about it all and needed a wee vent

xxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just keep on ringing, maybe ask who you need to address a letter of complaint about the time your registration is taking to, or ask the person who deals with your call if you can speak to their manager or supervisior. Hope you get some answers soon.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in Scotland so have no idea how it works up there but wanted to send a virtual hug, it's very frustrating waiting

4. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Just needed a wee moan! Its the waiting that's the worst bit. Think I'll give them another call on Monday to chase them up and find out if they could at least give me an idea of how much longer it will be.

xxx

6. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd chase them and see if something is holding things up - you might be able to move them along

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definately chase them. Have you sent in all your references/checks and is the assistant confirming they are all back?

I sent my application pack into them 3rd August and my registration certificate came through on 29th November. It was actually me in the end who delayed things as it took me about 5 weeks to get back to the inspector with all the polices/statements she wanted. If I had got them all done in a week or 2 think I would have been registered for end of October/beginning of Nov.

Definately chase and see what the hold up is.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone, I chased it all up again and had my first visit on Monday 13th Jan. All went really well, I was nervous but it was really informal so I was instantly put at ease. He mentioned a couple of things he wanted me to change in my policies and procedures and a few things he would email to me to read over. But no major changes, everything in the house is good so no need to change anything. He said he would be in touch but still not really heard from him. I chased him last week and he said he was out of the office and would check what was outstanding and get back to me this week. Still not heard from him (although I suppose its only Wed) but think Im gonna chase him up again. Just feel like I'm in limbo at the moment!