Fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fees

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

Does anyone know how long tax credits take for a new parent to get their money for childminding

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what it's like now but when I was claiming (quite a few years ago) it took a couple of months - due to a muck up with my employer.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawnn93 View Post
    Does anyone know how long tax credits take for a new parent to get their money for childminding
    If you have a parent saying they will pay you when tax credits come through then I would politely remind them the contract is between you and them. Tax credits only pay 70% so the parents still hold responsibility for the remainder also. Another thing to remember is not every claim gets approved.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick then I apologise x

Post Thanks / Like

I gave the parent the invoice as she hasn't got an email address so she said I'll pay you weekly when tax credits but I'm relatively new and don't know how to approach saying I need paying before end of week

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawnn93 View Post
    I gave the parent the invoice as she hasn't got an email address so she said I'll pay you weekly when tax credits but I'm relatively new and don't know how to approach saying I need paying before end of week 
    The invoice says weekly but I forgot to put the day of payment
    No offence meant, but the only way to to approach saying I need paying before end of week is very simple: you approach the parent and say "I need paying before end of week."

The alternative is to get a t-shirt printed with the word "welcome" and then lie outside your front door - cos you will be treated as a doormat if you invite people to do so.

Sorry, but the harsh facts of business as a CM is that you have to develop a realistic business head and be ready to say things that people don't wish to hear - or be pushed around and walked on if you'd rather be 'liked' than 'paid'.

GailTracey is absolutely 100% spot on. The clent pays you and then the client reclaims the tax credits from HMRC. Never get involved in waiting for the TCs to come through, and never even give a client the slightest hint of an impression that their duty to pay you is in any way dependent on TC receipts.