Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeping arrangements

Where do you put your sleeping babies
    Travel cot or buggy

2. Likes Speake485 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one that sleeps on the floor in the corner of my living room (his choice) one goes in the travel cot in my room, ds in his cot, another who will only sleep in the push chair. One who naps on the sofa and one that will only sleep in the car (we go the long long long way home from toddlers lol)
    Obviously noy all here on the same days

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on age l use travel cot for very youngest or pushchair (lies completely flat) as they get older depending on size and they need more room they have a sleeping mat on the floor l don't use upstairs for minding, each child has their own bedding, sheet and sleeping bag.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 1 who will only sleep properly in the travel cot upstairs. Another who prefers to sleep in the single buggy which I usually put up in the lounge. I have a new starter, an 11mth old who seems to hate sleeping altogether . I am experimenting with him and lately I have found he settles quicker in the double buggy although I am limited as to where I can put this. When they get too old for sleeping in buggys / cots I use a mat on the floor for them in one of the downstairs rooms although I usually find by then they are outgrowing their naps anyway.

xxxx

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have baby who loves sleeping outside in buggy (lies flat), he will sleep indoors in buggy or cot but doesnt sleep as long. Another mummy finds it most odd that i put him outside but in the olden days when my own were babies it was the norm lol.

3yr old sleeps in spare room in bed but dont want to put cot in my room in new house so not sure where baby will sleep when it gets colder

Post Thanks / Like

I usually have one in buggy and one in travel cot but yesterday had 3 sleep mats delivered. I was uncertain how the boys would settle and sleep but it has been a very peaceful sleep time, boys fast asleep after 5 mins x

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I like all mine to go to sleep in travel cots in their own room.

But I used to have a little girl who would just fall asleep anywhere, outside on hard tarmac, on the lawn in the middle of the play room - of course I just left her and made it a little bit more comfortable.

I have had children that prefer prams but eventually I've weened them in to cots. I suppose its what works for you, I had a minder friend who had a little one who wouldn't sleep anywhere apart from in the car seat - it didn't have to be in the car - just the car seat in the living room was fine. Nothing as strange as folk except for kids!!

Glitter Guest

I only have one mindee who has naps at the moment. He falls asleep about 15 minutes before Grandma collects him so he sleeps in his buggy.

This way Grandma can just push him home while he sleeps. It wouldn't be fair to put him in a cot and wake him 15 minutes later to go in the pushchair.

Often thought it must be quite confusing for the child as every time he falls asleep at my house he wakes up at Grandmas.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two travel cots, a buggy that lies flat and big squashy sofas that they curl up on!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    I have one that sleeps on the floor in the corner of my living room (his choice)
    Bizarre...I have one like this...
    Brings his blanket and finds a corner! He sleeps better like that than when I used to put him in the travel cot!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two travel cots and two air beds, all children have their ' own' rooms xx