Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Finance

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finance

I have a wee one 1 day a week.
    A parent contacted me last week interested in using my service 3 days but the one day is blocking if they decide (don't want a variation) the wee on I have 1 day is having difficulty settling in the mornings but it's fine after an hour or so but I'm back at the beginning week after.
    Financially I'm struggling and the 3 days would be treble my income each month.
    I feel awful giving notice (as parent can't change days ask specifically for that day)
    Any ideas how to tackle the situation

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter how it tugs at your heart strings - you're a Business first and foremost.
    Treble your current income? You'd be silly not to put yourself and your family first.
    If you don't take it, you may find the struggle for money is too great and give up altogether.

3. Likes Koala liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks lily dragon what would I say to the parent I don't feel right saying its because I want more money but I'm barely getting by :-(

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with lilac dragon too.

It is tough but if mum was offered to treble income or indeed childcare at a third of your rates i'm afraid you wouldn't get a second thought.

I would just say - due to a change in your circumstances you will have to give notice and wish them all the best for the future, keep it simple and if pushed (to be polite) just say you are re addressing your work life balance and any further questions she is over stepping the mark and you are fully entitled to work for whom you want and just remember that.

Good luck with your enquiry

6. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies very much appreciated x