Post Thanks / Like

Default Appealing inspection grade

Can you appeal your grade?

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have reasonable grounds and can prove the inspector did not take account of all they should have done or have made factually incorrect statements yes you can. You make your first complaint to the inspecting company and they have 28 days to respond to you. If you are unhappy with the outcome then you escalate it up to Ofsted.

It is very important that all of us complain if we are not happy because the more of us that do that the more chance there is that something will be done to change things.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how you do it but sure you can. Hopefully someone else from Scotland will be able to help soon x

Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i am just going to have to leave it as it is, i don't want to ruin the relationship with inspector as will make it worst for next time.

Will see what draft report says and go from there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very often in England by the time you get your report it's too late because it goes online the next day.

I know it's slightly different in Scotland but if you go about it the right way it shouldn't impact on your future inspections.

I suppose it depends on how bad things went and what part of the inspection you want to appeal, but if you have the facts and you were unfairly or wrongly treated then you should raise it or things will never improve for childminders.

Hugs xx

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

When they send out the draft report you get the chance to comment on anything you think is wrong and they will look into it, no promises anything will be changed but its a chance to have your say