After schoolers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: After schoolers

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default After schoolers

I have 2 children of my own and next year 2014 both will be at school. Currently I have 2 after schoolers (1 mon-fri and 1 mon & wed) 1 of them has a brother starting next year also. Can you solely have just after schoolers and no under 5's for certain days of the week? And I know I'd need to apply for a variation but think ill get it as its a mindees brother.
    Anyone been in this situation before ?

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we dont apply for variations anymore,we decide if we are following EYFS,if these are your only mindees then you are within 6 under 8 and wouldnt even need to write up your own variation,
    as for your question ,you can have only afterschoolies if thats what you want but you need EYFS children present for inspection (someone correct me if i'm wrong )

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mmm might be different in scotland ...so ignore me ..i know nothing

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

No you're correct. You. Do need early years children for the inspection, that's why mine was a long time in coming, I only had after school children

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but do bear in mind that the EYFS still applies to the after schoolies until the August after they turn 5! So strictly speaking Ofsted could still come and inspect you as I was in this situation when they came to see me.

Sam x

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, from my understanding of what you've written (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) you will have pre school kids some days and you're asking if its ok just to have older kids on some days? If so then that's fine even if I'm wrong and you're asking about only having school kids all the time that's ok too we don't have to do the EYFS up here so it's not an issue. Best of luck to you if you want to only have older kids-I find they're sooo much harder work than the littlies lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default After schoolers

Yeah I wish to just to do after schoolers 2 days as I have the demand and under 5 and schoolers the rest thanks for all replies