In the process of registering
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In the process of registering

Hi all, I'm in the process of becoming a registered childminder and I am awaiting a date for my first visit. I am quite nervous about the type of questions they will ask and what they'r are looking for from me. I have been a carer all my life looking after terminally ill children as well as the elderly and people with various disabilities, so this is a bit of change in direction for me. Any tips, information and help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elaine29 View Post
    Hi all, I'm in the process of becoming a registered childminder and I am awaiting a date for my first visit. I am quite nervous about the type of questions they will ask and what they'r are looking for from me. I have been a carer all my life looking after terminally ill children as well as the elderly and people with various disabilities, so this is a bit of change in direction for me. Any tips, information and help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Good luck. Bumping for you so one of our Scottish members will hopefully see this post and comment
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my visit back in February. She just went over my polices and procedures with me, asked a few questions like why I want to be a childminder etc and then had a walk round the rooms I would be using. She just pointed out things I needed to do before my registration would be granted (like get a fire guard). At this point I didn't even have any toys etc as I didn't see the point until I knew ages of children I would be having. She just told me to email her confirming I had either got some resources or was looking for some (she didn't need evidence so I could well have lied). I didn't have anything in place - I had stair gates etc but didn't see the point in putting them in place until children start - but told her what I would do before they started and she was fine with that.

If you need anything else just give me a shout

Post Thanks / Like

If you fill out the pre reg visits questions, download from ofsted, that covers most of what they'll ask you. And as already said you don't need any equipment in place but just to know what you would need. I went around my house risk assessing what I thought I needed, wrote us down so that they could see what I had thought of. I had all my policies/procedures but they didn't even look at them
    Mandy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to read through your national standards and the education information - it will tell you what you need to know!

I think this is the latest link - Early education and childcare up to the age of 16 - Early education and childcare up to the age of 16

Good luck!

nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try this site out

I found a place to get answers for your reference on the whole course, they have passed completed coursework assignments, hope it helps

Vividhometraining.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for all your help. I think I'm as ready as can be so fingers crossed! X