Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Mini e-books ... updated for Eyfs 2014 / Childcare Register 2014

I have finished updating my mini e-book library for the revised Eyfs 2014

I am still working on the big e-books but I had to start somewhere

This is my new mini e-book list - if you have bought mini e-books from me and they are on this list please ask me for your FREE update.

Thank you

Health and safety
    M 3 - Medication - medication administration information, guidance and sample paperwork for the EYFS to help you meet statutory requirements
    M 11 - Intimate care routines - a focus on safeguarding children, risk assessment and enabling independence as you provide intimate care routines such as hand washing, nappy changing et
    M 13 - Allergies - information for supporting children who have allergies, anaphylaxis, Epipens etc and their parents **Updated for the new EU requirements Dec 2014**
    M 21 - Accidents, injuries & first aid - advice and ideas to help you meet the requirements of the EYFS including sample paperwork
    M 26 - Manual handling - if you hurt yourself you cannot work... this mini e-book includes advice about lifting, carrying and protecting yourself from injury
    M 30 - Risky play - do you allow children to play in risky ways and enable them to manage their own safety? I have researched the pros and cons
    M 43 - Emergency contact book - all the emergency paperwork you need to help keep the children safe in the house and on outings.
    M 47 - Choking risk assessments - a series of information and good practice information aimed at protecting children from the dangers of choking.
    M 51 - End of life care - to help you support children who are seriously ill or dying and children coping with the death of a loved one
    M 54 - Emergency plan review - audit your emergency planning to ensure compliance with the statutory and guidance requirements of the EYFS
    M 55 - Infection control - ideas of ways to keep children healthy and protected from infection and cross contamination while in your care.
    M 89 – Care Plans – information for writing a care plan for children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).

Monitoring children’s progress
    M 7 - All about me - a sample all about me / child information form to be completed before the child starts at the provision
    M 8 - Transitions - support children through changes in their lives including moving on to a new setting
    M 9 - School aged children - ideas for accommodating the needs of older children who attend school during term time and in the holidays
    M 18 - Working with others - tips to help you work in partnership with other settings and professionals as required by the EYFS
    M 59 - Starting points - work with the Early Years Outcomes guidance to note each child’s learning and development from their earliest time with you.
    M 60 - Settling in & initial obs - help children settle into your provision and quickly note initial observations which will help you to evidence how well the child is progressing
    M 74 - Children’s learning styles - information about various learning styles you might spot when observing children’s play and to help you note the learning characteristics
    M 77 - Preparing children for school - supporting children to have the skills needed ready for starting school
    M 78 - 2 year progress check - a detailed look at how to complete the 2 year progress check, a requirement of the EYFS
    M 79 - Supporting learning at home - the EYFS requires us to support children’s learning at home - includes activity ideas and sample forms
    M 88 - Over 8s - information and advice needed when caring for older children in the provision
    M 90 – Tracking children’s progress – how to track progress through the EYFS using Early Years Outcomes – and a sample tracker form

Planning and observation
    M 22 - Group planning - an overview of group planning with sample forms for the EYFS,
    M 23 - Individual planning - an overview individual planning with sample forms for the EYFS.
    M 24 – Activity planning – an overview of activity planning with sample forms for the EYFS.
    M 27 – Play environments – planning your house and garden to support children’s play
    M 56 – Resources for the EYFS – resource all 7 areas of learning, inside and in the garden
    M 61 – Types of planning – an overview of different types of planning used by childminders to help prepare children for school
    M 76 - Observe, assess & plan - an overview of what the EYFS 2012 says about observation, assessment and planning.

Inclusion
    M 15 - Disability - suggestions for enabling children to learn about disability without prejudice and ideas for resources
    M 16 - Equality of opportunity - supporting children as they learn about equality and dealing with challenge
    M 17 - Multiculturalism - our world is increasingly multicultural and we must support children to learn about it to meet the requirements of the EYFS
    M 25 - IEPs - Individual Education Plans and how they enhance outcomes for children

Organising your business
    M 4 - Complaints - including sample policy, procedures and paperwork to help you meet the EYFS and Childcare Register requirements
    M 34 - Write a business plan - ideas for writing a business plan to help you ensure your childminding provision remains economically sustainable
    M 35 - Marketing your business - ideas for marketing your childminding business
    M 37 - Arrivals & departures - I have included lots of ideas for supporting parents and children during these difficult transitional times of the day
    M 42 - Childcare Register - it is important that you understand the requirements of the Childcare Register because it is part of your inspection **Updated for revised Childcare Register 2014**
    M 46 - Employing a cleaner - to support you with the paperwork etc if you have a cleaner on the premises during working hours
    M 50 - Key person role - reflect on how the key person approach supports learning and development and supports your work with each child. This will help you to produce the documentation you require for the EYFS
    M 64 - Permissions - some of the main permissions you will want to discuss with parents before children start in your care

Behaviour management
    M 29 - Visual timetables & social stories - a lot of children benefit from using visual timetables which support them through the day. I have also looked at how to write social stories
    M 33 - Rewards and punishments - a look at how rewards and punishments can influence children’s behaviour and self esteem

If you would like me to write mini e-books about any other subjects linked to the revised EYFS please let me know. Thank you xx

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah I bought e-books but think they were big books, how do I tell which ones I bought, sorry if this sounds silly.
    Thanks

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Sarah I bought e-books but think they were big books, how do I tell which ones I bought, sorry if this sounds silly.
    Thanks
    Message me with your real name and I can check. thank you x

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok will do thanks Sarah