As you will probably have read in the press and early years news, the Govt is extending the free 15 hours entitlement for 3 year olds to include 2 year olds from the most disadvantaged families.

This is partly why they are pushing for agencies which will register lots of new childminders... and changing the law to encourage schools to take younger children... and changing ratios so 1 adult can look after more 2 year olds than now... and making lots of other changes... they are concerned that current early years providers will not cope with the influx of 2 year olds.

Anyhow, to get back to the point - a lot of childminders are asking me questions about how they will accommodate the needs of 1 or maybe 2 more 2 year olds in their homes because LAs are opening up the free funded sessions to more of us and they have been asked to think about offering the free places.

I am writing some information - I have already looked at supporting 2 year old behaviour... I went on an amazing course with Elizabeth Jarman from here - The Communication Friendly Spaces about environments for 2 year olds... I have lots of experience myself...

BUT I would like to find out from you - if you are or think you might be affected - what do you want me to cover?