Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default RAG - Local Authority rating

I have been asked by a few members who live in LAs where the RAG rating is used to help them put together an evidence file.

However, until they have been rated they are a bit sketchy on the details...

If anyone who has had a RAG rating is free to have a chat with me about it I would really appreciate it.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 RAGs now in my area we get a folder with all the criteria you get marked against so its easy to go though each section and see what evidence you need. Some parts you have to talk through your evidence as you can't have physical evidence if that makes sense.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have had 2 RAGs now in my area we get a folder with all the criteria you get marked against so its easy to go though each section and see what evidence you need. Some parts you have to talk through your evidence as you can't have physical evidence if that makes sense.
    Thanks for that info Pixie Dust - do you know if the information is online or is it just printed for you?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an original hard copy but received an updated version by email. I can send it to you I am sure we will be getting another updated version soon due to the EYFS changes.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am wondering if it will all change with the revised EYFS too... hmmm

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

It did change for the new EYFS I will send you the updated version. I have just had mine, 131/2 hours altogether. Absolutly scrutinised my paper work, pulling it to parts but I passed everything. I got one mark away from full marks so I am well chuffed. It is higher than the Ofsted grades apparently and the Ofsted will take this into account on the inspection. It enabled me to apply for the two year funding as I already am accredited and in the network etc. I already claim for 3 year funding. It was very useful and highlighted a few things such as not having a fire evacuation plan on the wall, it was in my folder but not on the wall.

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine last year and due another one in Nov.

I just handed over the folder last time and let my DO find the evidence and fill it in. I feel I am repeating myself over and over to justify that I am doing a good job. She was a little surprised but found everything she needed.
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i had mine in january and will have an other one next month ( supposed to be this month but i'm not ready )

2 in a year as the one in january was 6months late!!! enough said!!

they just check the paperwork side of things : the write policies, up dated, reviewed... fire drills and that kind of stuff. i shoved my paperwork on her lap and let her to it

I got green with 1amber for sending back the forms with numbers late and sometimes not at all I'm better now it's online.

they give you advise and empty promises

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance everyone but what's a RAG ?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance everyone but what's a RAG ?
    RAG is something some areas use as quality assurance scheme. In my local area if we provide funded education sessions for 3 & 4 year olds we have to have a RAG which gives you a rating of Red, Amber or Green.
    Pixie Dust

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have been RAGged again in March of this year and still waiting. I had green in all areas and one amber for not sharing information with other settings as one preschool refused to share. Don't pick up from there anymore and never will!

In Birmingham they use the Early Years Quality Improvement Support Programme (EYQISP) and the document is 76 pages long! Just google EYQISP and its the top entry.

Nina

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for explaining that.