Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannetalbot View Post
    hi, if you click on the link it will take you to the foundation years website - if you scroll down to the heading "eyfs info for parents" i think its called and you'll see a document there that you can download. once you've downloaded it you can fill in the text boxes with your own setting information and then save it and print out for parents or e-mail to them, whichever you prefer.

does that help

jo x
    have done that but still cant find it can you put a link on for me x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing my excellent impression of an ostrich
    Jane xxx

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post
    I am doing my excellent impression of an ostrich
    ive been doing that but it all seems to be coming up a bit too quick
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs robbie williams View Post
    have done that but still cant find it can you put a link on for me x
    hi, im hopeless at links which doesn't help you i know BUT if you go back to sarah's original link, which is what i've just done to double check that it does work it takes you to the f/years website, scoll down for eyfs for parents and then underneath that it says download guide for parents, click on that and it will bring up the document you need and just work your way through it and add your own setting information into the boxes that it indicates.

sorry i can't be of any more help but i have just followed the link to make sure that im not going daft and it worked fine for me

if you're still having problems i could e-mail you my own parents guide as i saved it onto my computer for my parents. you're more than welcome to have that so you can re-do it for your setting but see how you get on with the link and if not PM me

jo x

Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tamsin View Post
    I think the accident/incident section of the NCMA book would work okay if that's what you use generally. I would file physical intervention under incidents anyway, on the grounds that there would be some precipitating incident e.g. a fight that risked injury, that caused you to use physical intervention.

So I would fill in the description of what happened that make you decide you need to use physical intervention, and then in the injury/action field description the action taken i.e. 'physical intervention' (though obviously a little more detail ) and then just include a note there was no injury (presuming there wasn't).
    thank you....having somebody else write it down has now made it a lot clearer in my head

jo x

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I'm a member of the NCMA, I have my own Accident/Incident file which is now an Accident/Incident/Physical Intervention file!!! I refuse to keep spending money on their forms when I can just as easily type one up myself. I do agree that Physical Intervention can come under 'Incident' so that's why NCMA don't really feel the need to amend any of their paperwork. It's up to us as practitioners to ensure that we use the correct wording (to keep Ofsted happy!!) and to make up new forms if we feel the need to. I've made a Physical Intervention form to show that I understand the new requirements and will use it if need be. At the end of the day, we are supposed to be doing less paperwork if we read the literature correctly. They want us to be spending more time with the children and less on paperwork. I feel that at the beginning of anything new, we have to amend/devise paperwork for our setting. It's like when you first set up as a cm and it seems as though the RA's are endless but once they're in place, there's very little to do except review them. The same with policies, permissions. So, although at the moment it seems like there's so much to do, I'm sure it'll all have settled down soon and we'll be happy once again!
    Mrs.M x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a few questions, hope you don't mind. I know you are awfully busy...

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The revised EYFS is 2 weeks away! Are you ready?

Have you...?

- Updated your safeguarding policy and procedures to include information about mobile phones and cameras? I have updated my policy and explained that photos are uploaded to a secure location and then deleted, and that I take all reasonable measure to ensure no one else takes photos unless prior permission as been given??? Is that right? Or am I missing something?

- Gone through requirement 3.72 and made sure you can say 'yes, I share all that with parents'? Is this stuff I have to provide parents with, like in a parent pack or hand the parents, or can I just have it in my portfolio, readily available for parents to see?

- Changed the parent information guide on www.foundationyears.org.uk so it reflects your way of working? Is that the parent guide to the EYFS?

- Included the Characteristics of Effective Learning in the children's assessments? Do these need to be included in general observations? Or just the summary assessments?

Now is the time to sort things out!!

Don't forget - I am offering free updates on all e-books you have bought previously - you just need to contact me and ask for them

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    Just a few questions, hope you don't mind. I know you are awfully busy...
    Just thought I'd tell you what I've been told about the Characteristics of Effective Learning. We're to ensure we use them as we would any of the other seven areas. Therefore, if we make an observation of a child and feel that it links nicely to one of the characteristics of effective learning then we link it. We use the next steps from the book or our own just as we would do with the other seven areas. My Network Co-ordinator basically said that Ofsted will be looking to see that we understand the EYFS and this may be looked for. However, as always, it depends which inspector you get!! x
    Mrs.M x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL! my DO said NOT to use on general obs, just mention them on summative assessments!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity... where does the "less paperwork" part come in to it?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity... where does the "less paperwork" part come in to it?
    i'd love to know that too! even saying that we don't need ot have written RA or policies, we've still got all the obs etc, PLUS the 2 yr check!!! that is MORE paperwork!

although, i am aiming to slim down my obs to when the children do something new/amazing, not necesarily an ob of them doping something they have already done/similar again! i am guilty of taking so many photos and thinking 'oh wow' and putting them in the LJ!

toddlers896 Guest

does anybody have a physical intervention form they fancy sharing. I use the NCMA accident, incident book.

Thanks
    Tracy

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post
    does anybody have a physical intervention form they fancy sharing. I use the NCMA accident, incident book.

Thanks
    Tracy
    I have put a few forms up... http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=107097

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To answer your questions Emma...

- Updated your safeguarding policy and procedures to include information about mobile phones and cameras? I have updated my policy and explained that photos are uploaded to a secure location and then deleted, and that I take all reasonable measure to ensure no one else takes photos unless prior permission as been given??? Is that right? Or am I missing something?

That's what I have done!

- Gone through requirement 3.72 and made sure you can say 'yes, I share all that with parents'? Is this stuff I have to provide parents with, like in a parent pack or hand the parents, or can I just have it in my portfolio, readily available for parents to see?

I have put it into a document and email it to parents... it's up to you how you present it all

- Changed the parent information guide on www.foundationyears.org.uk so it reflects your way of working? Is that the parent guide to the EYFS?

Yes! It can be adapted slightly... or you can write your own

- Included the Characteristics of Effective Learning in the children's assessments? Do these need to be included in general observations? Or just the summary assessments?

The characteristics are not outcomes and cannot be measured. They are like noting the child's personality - it will develop and grow as the child gets older but rarely change.

You should be looking for how the child learns so you can tailor activities to support them and chat to parents about how you use their child's characteristics during day-to-day activities.

However, there is no requirement to note them every time you write an observation... unless you want to of course!

Hope this helps

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

The characteristics are not outcomes and cannot be measured. They are like noting the child's personality - it will develop and grow as the child gets older but rarely change.

You should be looking for how the child learns so you can tailor activities to support them and chat to parents about how you use their child's characteristics during day-to-day activities.

However, there is no requirement to note them every time you write an observation... unless you want to of course!

Hope this helps
    Go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and give yourself a massive huge kiss, right on the smackers... That' it from me

Thank you

So I am guessing in my assessments I do every 6-12 weeks in my overall summary I can just note it there then.

Oh, Oh, Oh... You know what... I think I am done...

WOOP WOOP lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and give yourself a massive huge kiss, right on the smackers... That' it from me

Thank you

So I am guessing in my assessments I do every 6-12 weeks in my overall summary I can just note it there then.

Oh, Oh, Oh... You know what... I think I am done...

WOOP WOOP lol

toddlers896 Guest

To answer your questions Emma...

That's what I have done!

I have put it into a document and email it to parents... it's up to you how you present it all

Yes! It can be adapted slightly... or you can write your own

Hope this helps
    Sarah how do i find the paperwork that can be edited on the parent information guide. I can find the parents info guide but not one that can be altered.
    Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post
    Sarah how do i find the paperwork that can be edited on the parent information guide. I can find the parents info guide but not one that can be altered.
    Thanks
    It's the 5th download on here -

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/ea...on-stage-2012/

There are some parts where you can add information into it

toddlers896 Guest

It's the 5th download on here -

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/ea...on-stage-2012/

There are some parts where you can add information into it
    Thankyou Sarah, i found it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345