Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Drowining in RA

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Drowining in RA

I started out with a lits of basic risk assesments one for each room and I've sat down to review them this week and the list is just endless of what I could add. So then I start thinking what SHOULD I add and I just don't know how far to take them.

Part of me thinks keep them basic don't make more work then the other part thinks the more you write the more you're covered but where do I draw the line?

How far do you go with your risk assesments? Is it a case of writing very detailed ones now and then just reviewing as and when or can I some how state that I mentally risk asses everything but the following are the higher risks which I feel I need to have written down?

Do I HAVE to risk asses every activity we do individually or can I again have a statement saying I risk asses as I go along.

I've done some RA for outings these are not a problem though once again I think how far do I go with this do you look for every risk or only the very real likely ones.

Any help at all would be great. My mind hurts.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentally Ra activtiies as I go along and don't write it down

As for the house, I go through once and look at everything in it and say low, medium or high. If med or high how do I reduce it.

When I review them I just check to see if anything has to go on or come off.
    Debbie

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I have written a room by room one covering extras like a bit of food hygiene. I've done a generic walking to and from outings one so that each outing one is purely for the place and not repeating myself with journey details.

I've included a generic statement re all toys age appropriate and certain activities like crafts are supervised in my living room ra.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have generic ones for house, outings by car, outings walking, activities etc.

Then I write specific ones, updating them as I go along as required by the Eyfs.