Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: School Run

Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School Run

I currently have 2 mindees, my son who is 3 and my other son who is at shool. My nan lives pretty much opposite the school on the ither side of the road. When I do the school run I get all the kids out the car, 2 mindees in the double pushchair and son on a harness. Walk to the school, drop son off and go straigh back to the car. I spend more time getting kiddies in and out the car than I do dropping off.

When I just have my 2 sons I usually leave youngest in the car locked, walk across the road and watch my son in the gate. The car is within view and on my nans driveway... Would this be acceptable to do with the mindees in the car? I used to walk, but it proved to long a walk for my son... Will be walking again when it gets warmer and son is older.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not leave mindees in a locked car even if its on a driveway or if you can see the car across the road
    you never know who is watching you
    a childminding friend was reported for sitting in her car on own driveway reading a book while her mindees were asleep
    another childminder in my area left a child in her car and they managed to pull the raincover from a pushchair over there head
    Its just a risky thing to do
    when its your own children thats up to you but bear in mind your children could be mistaken for mindee children as there are some eagle eyed people out there
    sorry if you think Im over cautious but some things are not worth the risk

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ja8estar View Post
    I would not leave mindees in a locked car even if its on a driveway or if you can see the car across the road
    you never know who is watching you
    a childminding friend was reported for sitting in her car on own driveway reading a book while her mindees were asleep
    another childminder in my area left a child in her car and they managed to pull the raincover from a pushchair over there head
    Its just a risky thing to do
    when its your own children thats up to you but bear in mind your children could be mistaken for mindee children as there are some eagle eyed people out there
    sorry if you think Im over cautious but some things are not worth the risk
    I think I will just contine to get all the kids out (even my little boy) my nan usually comes out and talks to him, but like you say people dont know he is my son.

My friend is a minder and we were all walking home her with her children and me with mine and she was reported for having too many kids, which she did. Ofsted called round and investigated and although they found no substance to the complaint they still had to put it on her file which is so annoying.

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you are wise to get everyone out of the car, I know it is a bit of a pain but leaving a LO in the car, even for the shortest of time, is not a very good idea.

Anything can happen and things only take a split second, we all read horror stories and think it is always someone else it happens to but this is not the case and there are so many things that can go wrong whilst a LO is in a car alone, even if you can see them.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes don't risk it....if you do everything by the book then you have no worries about someone misreading situations etc