Ammending Original Risk Assessment?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ammending Original Risk Assessment?

I am in the process of reviewing all of my RAs.

The thing is these take up probably well over a hundred printed pages which take ages to print, hole punch and file and is obviously an expense.

Is there anything wrong with just sticking a label over the original date and review date and ammending them. Obviously I will only do this if nothing needs changing on the RA. It just seems an awful waste to print all new versions if nothing has changed?

Thanks

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I add to mine in pen and date the amendment. If you print new ones out all the time there is no record of having updated them - unless you keep the new and old versions.
    Grindal

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grindal View Post
    I add to mine in pen and date the amendment. If you print new ones out all the time there is no record of having updated them - unless you keep the new and old versions.

Thanks.

So how do you show that you have reviewed them, sorry to sound so daft?

So on mine it has Date (ie the date I first completed it) and then for example, review date : 10th August 2011. Now anything inbetween the date I did it and the review date I just add/ammend on the original RA.

I thought I would have to print off all new ones and then keep old ones as evidence but now not so sure?

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you update any paperwork thats all you need to file ... I think ... Ofsted aren't interested in what you did. They only look at present time what your doing. (I think that is correct) - at the bottom of your risk assessment it might say identify any further action needed: I add on to this and date the amendments and then when reviewing time comes I would add this into my updated risk assessment, print and file. On the risk asessments that doesn't need any additional information I just write date (this would be my review date on orginal) and then set a new review date.
    Last edited by boxtree7; 04-08-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    CWR

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Am just waiting for my certificate to arrive, so very newly registered and trying to get prepared. i have already done all my policies & procedures and all risk assessments for my home, but starting to do ones for when I go out, and am racking up quite a list of places I go, 8 so far, not including playgroups, so, just wanted to make sure, I have to have a seperate RA for each individual place i visit, even if alot of them take the same route most of the way? And also, do i need to do a RA of the actual playgroup/playground itself? or just the journey there? I have a lot of typing coming my way! Glad I read your comments though, I will do the same with the updating of the RA's, amend the date, and leave space at the bottom for any updates etc. Thanks!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you need to RA the individual park/ playground or toddler group and premises/equipment. Each will have different and similar risks, you have to RA everywhere you take the children, preferably before you go so as you are aware.
    Carol xx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks Carol. RA's here I come! x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nic t View Post
    I am in the process of reviewing all of my RAs.

The thing is these take up probably well over a hundred printed pages which take ages to print, hole punch and file and is obviously an expense.

Is there anything wrong with just sticking a label over the original date and review date and ammending them. Obviously I will only do this if nothing needs changing on the RA. It just seems an awful waste to print all new versions if nothing has changed?

Thanks
    how did you manage to get over a hundred pages of RA's? I would def just stick labels over even for ones you DID amend
    Last edited by marleymoo; 27-08-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo