Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default risk assesment ratios.....??

i need to pu these in my ras - and dont have a clue.

is this depending on outing how many you have. like the level of supervison ??
    but surely we willl never have more than out numbers anyway ????

mind has gone blank on this - if anyone can help me thank you?
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you would need different ratios if something was more risky. e.g. for swimming one to one care for children under 5, (as far as I know that hasn't changed). You wouldn't take your full quota swimming, hope that makes sense
    Pauline x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it does, thanks.
    its jsut my early years advisor said i need to include my ratios on each outing - at the moment i only have 2 under 5 so thats fine.

do i jsut need to put sometihng like - 1:2 for going the park but then out to school its diff as i ahve 4 and on one day. so then its different.

sorry if im sounding thick, but isnt my ratios my number anyway..... am i thinking too much !!!!

do i jsut put a note - i do have a note on each outing one to say about supervisoon required.
    how do i word it.....without sounds like a idiot. as it does seem like common sense to me.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I put a note on my RA that I am within my ratios (as stated on my Ofsted certificate).

On more risky outings such as busy places or swimming like Pauline mentions, I note that I take others with me so that it's 1/1 or 1/2 ratios.

Hth

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

is the ratio for swimming really 1:1? I have been researching taking a LO swimming along with my own 2YO and our local pool says that they suggest a ratio of 1:2 ffor toddlers in the small/learner pool. Is there a separate rule for childminders? My LO's parents were so chuffed/excited when I said to them I was going to look into taking her.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyC View Post
    is the ratio for swimming really 1:1? I have been researching taking a LO swimming along with my own 2YO and our local pool says that they suggest a ratio of 1:2 ffor toddlers in the small/learner pool. Is there a separate rule for childminders? My LO's parents were so chuffed/excited when I said to them I was going to look into taking her.....
    I am not aware of any rule.

You must risk assess and make sure you can justify what you are doing if asked... or if there is an accident.

Hth