Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk Assessment Help

I have written RA's for walking, car, public transport, and outings.

I have listed possible dangers and what is in place - do I have to check and date every time I leave the house - eg nursery run (walking) or is it sufficient to show I have thought about it and have regard for each danger highlighted?

Can anyone help Mrs O coming 5th May and want to get all in order!!

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Risk Assessment Help

No you dont have to date it everytime you do a school run or trip to park once risk assessments are in place you should review them regulary... for instance if there is new road works on your school run you would make a note of it and the steps you have taken such as walk on the other side of the road, anywhere new you visit you would have to do a new RA.

Straws xx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Risk Assessment Help

A tough one... I know a childminder who was 'advised' by an Ofsted inspector to make note of each time she went on an outing!
    For my general risk assessments ie walking, car and public transport i don't as lets face it how many times do we do the above, not just in a week but in a day?!
    For my specific outings ie soft play centre, park i have a series of lines which quite simply say date visited and then i just write the date down. (however we have about 6 parks within a 0.5mile radius so tend to go to each one less than once a month)
    Then, as PP said i write down any changes i note on each visit.
    HTH x