Pond Cover
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pond Cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pond Cover

My daughter is setting up and needs to find a pond cover. She's looking for something which is unobtrusive, can be installed in an existing pond.

She's based in West Yorkshire and is looking for someone who can install pdq!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Has she been told she needs one?

I've got a pond with no cover! Ive just done a very very in depth risk assessment. Ofsted were happy with this.

Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I used an old metal gate over mine. I placed some stones around the edge of the pond, then placed the gate on top and used some more stones on the top. It easily took my weight, meant we could still pond dip in between the decorative bits, and was high enough off the water so that if a child did fall on it their face wouldn't be near the water.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fair size pond so a gate wouldn't be of any use - but a great idea if you can get away with that.

I have a pond without a cover, and Ofsted are happy with that too, but on her pre-reg course they were told that they MUST have a cover. Personally I can't see where the problem would be as its a raised pond anyhow and I have said that if she can prove to Ofsted (with risk assessments) that its not a danger she should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a cover on my pond, and ofsted accept that with my risk assessment?
    She was told on pre-reg course that Ofsted would insist on a cover, but to my mind if she can prove that it's not a problem they should be ok with that. She's just desperate to get her registration through and complete that I don think she's wanting to jeopardise it in any way.