RA's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: RA's

notts Guest

Default RA's

Just reading various threads and I'm worried now that I haven't done enough. I have about 10 in place but they're all very general as in 'public outing' 'park' 'kitchen' etc

I don't actually start minding properly until sept but I'm thinking I've way under shot this.........

I won't have any EYs but I will have over 5s

What do you think? How many do you have in place?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you don't have children in the EYFS then you must follow the requirements of the Childcare Register (2010).

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/f...me-childcarers

Hth

notts Guest

Yes I understand that thanks. What I don't get is how many people have in place? and whether I've undershot it...

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    Yes I understand that thanks. What I don't get is how many people have in place? and whether I've undershot it...
    You must do what you think is right to cover requirement CR5.5 -

Childminders must undertake a risk assessment of the premises and equipment:
     at least once in each calendar year, and
     immediately, where the need for an assessment arises.
    Childminders must ensure that all necessary measures are taken to minimise any identified risks.

It's not the same as the EYFS (current) which says we must risk assess everything a child comes into contact with - so if you are comparing your RAs with those of a childminder who is working within current EYFS requirements you will have a lot less.

The most important thing is that you can talk your inspector through them and show a range of RAs -

A series of 'big' RAs for house, garden, outings etc

A series of 'smaller' RAs which reflect things that have happened eg a builder coming to the house or a change of route on a school run.

Hth

notts Guest

Thank you Sarah