do you need a RA for each park you go?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do you need a RA for each park you go?

hello,

Do you need a RA for each single park, each play group you attend...
    or do you have only one for parks in general, one for play group ( any play group)..?

I have one for each individual place but wonder if it is necessary

thanks

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, its not necessary to have one for each individual venue but wise to have one for each type of venue eg, park, toddler group etc

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my first graded inspection she said that I should do a generic risk assessment for parks in general or public toilets in general or toddler groups in general....then make a note if there is anything extra that is specific to the particular place....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    When I had my first graded inspection she said that I should do a generic risk assessment for parks in general or public toilets in general or toddler groups in general....then make a note if there is anything extra that is specific to the particular place....
    That's how I do it!

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default everywhere RA

I also have one for each individual place, time to re think this i think.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gizzybear View Post
    I also have one for each individual place, time to re think this i think.
    I was at a Ofsted information evening earlier this week, and the rep there said that general risk assessments were all that was required now, but if we had ones already in place to keep those and update them as required. But much more relaxed now on that side of things, though we need to have general ones in place. Just read this badk to myself and not sure it makes sense. Basically, risk assessments yes, but not for every little change or difference.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I was at a Ofsted information evening earlier this week, and the rep there said that general risk assessments were all that was required now, but if we had ones already in place to keep those and update them as required. But much more relaxed now on that side of things, though we need to have general ones in place. Just read this badk to myself and not sure it makes sense. Basically, risk assessments yes, but not for every little change or difference.
    Erm, that's the point of risk assessments.....

Did you mean: have a generic/general one in place, and then make a note of any changes for specific places

EG I have a general one for parks (I have 3 very local ones) but there were roadworks for a couple of weeks that affected the route to one of them, so I noted how we would take the roadworks into account if we went to that park until the works finished

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Erm, that's the point of risk assessments.....

Did you mean: have a generic/general one in place, and then make a note of any changes for specific places

EG I have a general one for parks (I have 3 very local ones) but there were roadworks for a couple of weeks that affected the route to one of them, so I noted how we would take the roadworks into account if we went to that park until the works finished
    That is exactly how I use my RAs - I have general ones and then note if something changes