Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face RA with new EYFS??

hello,

I try to get ready for "the big new EYFS 2012"!!
    is there any changes for the RA? I understand RA are not as strict from sept. Is that right? shall we have new one, different ones??
    thanks once again

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

from september we don't have to write down RA's for the EYFS but we do have to be able to prove we've done them if Ofsted ask
    But we do still have to have writen RA's for the over 5's.
    Personnally I'm still going to keep my same forms, then I have actual evidence and I wont get lost for words if I'm ever put on the spot

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hello Jumping jax ,

does that mean no RA sheet but only mental RA ( ie: I checked the park for broken glass, litter, dangerous objects, suitable equipment...).
    what do you mean by: we still need to do it for over 5s??
    what about daily RA: is it just visual as well ( no sheet with hundreds ticks to do)

thanks for your help

BucksCM Guest

Hi v1461,
    If you already have RAs for your trips out then might as well keep them. My RA says I will check for broken glass etc, so if I should find some then it will get written on the RA when I get home, date and sign it. Shows that I'm doing them.

They are saying that we don't need written RAs for the EYFS.(0-5) But they are still a requirement on the compulsory register (5-8yo), hence why we might as well just keep them

I have never had a "tick sheet" to do every morning...I've always done it mentally and if I had to do something it would be noted on my RA...I REALLY don't have time to walk around my house EVERY morning with a clipboard and tick list!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

tanks,
    what about the " WEEKLY SMOKE DETECTOR CHECK LOG "
    do we still need to sign and tick weekly??
    v

BucksCM Guest

Again...I have never had one of these and Ofsted have never mentioned it to me. My RA covers that I do check them and have fire drills that I do write down, but to have check lists everywhere?? And what exactly does a check list prove anyway...who's to say that it wasn't filled in the night before a visit?
    I have little routines that are now ingrained...monday morning is...walk down the stairs and press alarm button, open curtains......blah blah......

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, you 're right. signature doesn't mean much. thank you