Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daily Risk

Hi all im getting really stressed out with r.a, i obviously do daily risk assessments but up until now havent recorded it down, i have in place yearly r.a, so my question is how do you record that you've checked everything on your daily r.a without having mountains of paperwork? i've looked on bromley website but still would mean a whole lot of paper, and advice or sample template would be much appreicated.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

All I have is a typed out and laminated list of all the things I check on a daily basis pinned up on the playroom wall.

Ofsted were happy with this.

I used to have a tick chart but it's so repetitive it's a waste of time (my opinion).

If I find anything that needs a repair then I write a note and what action I took and put that in my RA file.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have detailed RA's for indoors, outdoors, and all the places we visit. These highlight specific risks, like household cleaning products, traffic, strangers, etc.

I also use a daily tick-list to show I've done all the normal stuff: mobile 'phone charged, stairgates in place, clean buggy, and so on.

I also keep a record of all the other routine stuff that I do each week/month/whenever: smoke alarm tests, fire drills, checking the first aid boxes are full and in date, fridge temperatures, etc. I keep track of when to do these by making entries in my business diary.

It really is just about keeping a record of things that are very, very obvious. Ofsted seem to be impressed with that sort of banality.

I may not have described this all very well. If you want to send me a request by PM, together with a email address, I can attach an eg. of my daily sheet or whatever else you want as a Word.doc .

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a list of daily things and used to do them as a tick list - what a waste of paper! now I look through the list, check anything that needs doing and note in my work diary

also note fridge/freezer temp checked
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Post Thanks / Like

I have a laminated list of all the things I check on a daily basis. I don't sign anything every day or write down that I have checked them.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!