Risk Assessments
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk Assessments

I have completed all my risk assessments for indoors and garden but now need to do some for outings.

TBH I have no idea what to put on them. I am doing one for the park, walking into the village, school run and going to my ds swim lesson. I just have no clue what kind of hazards I need to look for there?

Help!

BucksCM Guest

park-visually check that equipment is clean and not broken. the area is clear from rubbish ie glass,needles, dog poop!! etc. make sure that mindees use age appropriate equipment. keep an eye on them at all times.
    walking-making sure that mindees are aware of traffic and rules of road safety. be aware of danger...cars pulling out, bikes on pavement etc. making sure appropriate restraints for age of child...pushchair, straps, holding hands etc
    just do a walk through in your head and pretend you are 3 and what you would do at that age!!

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debbiesomeone View Post
    park-visually check that equipment is clean and not broken. the area is clear from rubbish ie glass,needles, dog poop!! etc. make sure that mindees use age appropriate equipment. keep an eye on them at all times.
    walking-making sure that mindees are aware of traffic and rules of road safety. be aware of danger...cars pulling out, bikes on pavement etc. making sure appropriate restraints for age of child...pushchair, straps, holding hands etc
    just do a walk through in your head and pretend you are 3 and what you would do at that age!!
    Thank you debbiesomeone, this is just the thing I was looking for - its gives me a starting place!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cherry, these are great, they give me a basis to work from, thanks.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine for going on public transport also (even though i drive) one for going in the car. I also emailed some local venues and they happily sent me their risk assessments! (Cheating i know lol)

Kat x